2013 All Star Game

Home Forums Rants 2013 All Star Game

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

i know that there are not too many admitted mets fans, but did anyone notice that the 2013 all star game, on july 16, 2013, at citi field is on tisha b’av?

TheGoq
    Participant

and ? is Major League Baseball supposed to check the calendar for every conceivable holiday for every culture? i think not.

P.S. I am a cubs fan you have no idea what suffering is.

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

Goq,

LOL I DID!

(until 2004 that was)

an 86 year drought

TheGoq
    Participant

LOL and again in 07 lucky duck. But we got Theo now lets see if he can work his magic again.

midwesterner
    Participant

After the strike which shut down baseball for 2 months in 1981, the resumption of the season opened with the All Star Game in Cleveland. IIRC the American League broke a long losing streak, as Fred Lynn from Boston led them to a 13-3 win. CA should be happy about that!!

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

Oh and when the your football team go 16-0 only to lose the superbowl by A HELMET CATCH you really break down crying

TheGoq
    Participant

ca stop your breaking my heart.

midwesterner
    Participant

What I meant to say is that 1981 All Star Game was also held on Tisha B’av.

AdmittedMetsFan
    Participant

Wow, I didn’t realize that. 🙁

major league baseball doesn’t care much about the mets – they kowtow to the yankees. they change playoffs/world series for the yankees. but i believe in ’86 when there would be TWO playoff games on yom kippur, AND the mets organization asked MLB to switch the games, because of the large jewish population in nyc, basically, mlb told them to take a hike. (the two games were a night game followed by a day game – all on yom kippur). i remember games being switched for the yankees! the yankees hosted 3 all star games since the mets had there only one in 64. the 3 were in the 70’s (when the south bronx was literally on fire and cosell commented on it live on the air; another was after the old yankee stadium was rebuilt, in the 80’s (90’s?) and then again only a few years ago when the new yankee stadium was built.

just saying.

kapusta
    Participant

Bumping for Goq.

TheGoq
    Participant

Thank you Kapusta! GO CUBS!!!

yeshivishe kup
    Participant

GO RED SOX!!!

sorry couldnt hold myself back im from boston originally

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.