5 Days To Save This Jewish Captive in Arab Prison

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 5 Days To Save This Jewish Captive in Arab Prison

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ED IT OR
    Participant

https://www.thechesedfund.com/cause/we-have-5-days-to-save-this-jewish-captive-in-arab-prison-before-he-is-sentenced-to-death

Has anyone asked any rabonnim whether one is allowed to directly sponsor ISIS in order to do pidyon shevuim?

ED IT OR
    Participant

I think this post should be removed to stop anyone being possibly wrongly dissuaded from donating.

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

The gedolim supported sending money to the Nazis ym”sh to save Jewish lives.

zahavasdad
    Participant

The idea of a bribe is that someone likes money more than the item (or person). there are some people who are such ideologues than they cannot be bribed or they just take the money and dont do what you want.

The nazis generally said they would take bribes, but frequently did not release the prisoner and it was just a way to take money from jews

Joseph
    Participant

I was about to post the same point as DY.

Joseph
    Participant

They seem to almost have raised the amount needed. How’s one to verify this is a legit situation?

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

ZD – even if they only did it once and “only” saved one Jewish life, it was worth it.

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

Wow! I just checked it out for the first time. In just one day, they raised more than enough!

Whether it’s legit or not, that is a major tribute to Am Yisrael!

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

It does say it is verified, btw.

zahavasdad
    Participant

LU

Actually no, because the money they stole from the jews was used to kill other jews and other people

About 30% of the cost of World War 2 was financed by money the Nazis stole from jews

Lightbrite
    Participant

About Nazis:

I don’t get how it’s morally okay to give money to rescue a Jew to an organization that is using that money to kill more Jews.

I see how it could be a loophole halachically, since one is knowingly rescuing one life, and indirectly maybe killing more lives. Yet it is not a direct transaction.

However then there is the whole impact of feeding into and reinforcing their patterns of behavior of hostage taking to fuel their terror.

Then again… if I had a way to rescue a loved one, then I think that I would do whatever it takes. That’s not a situation where I can sit on my high horse here criticizing. For sure I would be in survival mode, and unfortunately my brain would likely be highjacked by the conditions, deprivation, and such that anything would be possible to rescue someone I knew, or even didn’t know but was right there.

ED IT OR
    Participant

The campaign has now disappeared.

zahavasdad
    Participant

It wasnt exactly as stated. better information came out

The man was not kidnapped, he was arrested for murder (Might have been self defense) and the family of the murdered man wanted the money for killing their family member

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

The target was met. The story is still on ZAKA’s US website.

zahavasdad
    Participant

It had nothing to do with Isis. From the Zaka Website.

It would have been better had they posted this instead of insinuting he was being held by ISIS as a hostage

Lilmod Ulelamaid
    Participant

To be dan l’kaf zchus, I guess they felt that it is the same thing l’maaseh. Sometimes when you give too many details about something, people miss the point. L’maaseh, he was being held hostage. Presumably the murder was self-defense (or defense of others) so l’maaseh, it’s really the same, but if you tell people he’s being held for murder, people will start getting suspicious.

Also, he might not want people to know about it.

Thinking out loud
    Participant

bump

It is my understanding that pidyon shevuyim trumps all other causes. (Is that true?). I donated to this campaign. The trial was supposedly postponed for 2 weeks.

Does anybody know what happened since then?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.