There has been an increase in the number of attacks against Jewish motorists traveling the roads of Yehuda and Shomron over recent days. Most of the attacks involved rock-throwing but in some cases, firebombs were hurled at motorists. Some of the attacks that occurred on Monday night the eve of 30 Tishrei 5773 include;
1. Rock-throwing at a bus traveling on the Gush Etzion – Hebron Hwy near el-Aroub.
2. A firebomb attack against IDF soldiers near el-Aroub along the Gush Etzion-Hebron Hwy.
3. A firebomb attack against a motorist near HaDoar Jct in the Binyamin Regional Council area of Shomron.
4. Rock-throwing against motorists near Maale Shomron.
5. Rock-throwing attack against a motorist near the northern entrance to Efrat in Gush Etzion. The driver reported the rocks were hurled from a car passing in the opposite direction.
6. A bus was targeted with rocks while traveling in the Kiryat Arba area.
While there were reports of damages, B’chasdei Hashem there were no reports of injuries.
(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)