[PHOTOS IN EXTENDED ARTICLE]
Friday 12:50PM EST: Defense Minister Ehud Barak sought government approval on Friday to mobilize up to 75,000 reserve troops for Israel’s Gaza campaign, political sources said, in a sign of preparations for a possible ground offensive.
The sources, speaking after Palestinian rockets were fired at Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, said ministers were being polled by telephone by the cabinet secretary to approve the call-up.
According to the IDF, over 16,000 reservists have already been mobilized, out of the 30,000 previously approved by the Israeli government.
YWN PHOTO LINK: Click HERE for photos.