0% unemployment rate- good or bad?

Home Forums Employment & Business Issues 0% unemployment rate- good or bad?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    ☕️coffee addict
    Participant

The title speaks for itself

What is the optimal unemployment rate?

👑RebYidd23
    Participant

The only way to achieve a 0% unemployment rate is with bad employment.

Sam Klein
    Participant

Do you think this will or can ever happen?

Do you think the IRS unemployment department will ever have no one currently enlisted as losing their job or never found a job? And collecting unemployment?

Yes or no, good or bad you ask?

If every single American was blessed to be employed with a job making a living then this beautiful bracha from Hashem of support and livlihood would turn negative of thousands of job positions staying empty with no one taking them since everyone is Boruch Hashem employed. And pay raises would go up since everyone is desperate for employees

Lightbrite
    Participant

A 0% unemployment rate doesn’t account for unemployed people not currently seeking employment. These unemployed people may have given up.

Neville ChaimBerlin
    Participant

If you think it’s a bad thing, you are a terrible person.

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

Sam,

No I don’t, I was just wondering

And your comment that jobs will be empty was exactly what I was thinking which led to my second question

What is the optimal unemployment rate since it’s not 0

Lightbright,

So now if you take sam’s point those people not looking for work (due to feeling hopeless will get those open jobs

Possibly

anonymous Jew
    Participant

A 0% can be bad and 10% can be good.

The unemployment rate simply is a measure of people seeking employment. If there are 3,000,000 without jobs but are no longer looking for work, the unemployment rate would be zero, and not good.
    If the economy picked up, jobs were being created and all 3,000,000 went back into the job market, the rate would be higher, but that be good

akuperma
    Participant

Very low unemployment means employers have to raise wages to attract workers, which causes inflation and may force some business to close. It also makes it hard for the economy to grow since expansion requires workers. A factor in the US is Trump;s anti-immigration policy which deprives the economy of cheap labor. A serious problem is that the US is now in the period of the “boomers” (born 1946 and onwards) quitting the job markets, and the boomers turned out as a group (frum community excepted) to have been total failures at producing a new generation, dooming the US to a prolonged period of economic decline unless something can be taken to make up for the babies the boomers didn’t have (e.g. robots, immigrants, coercing people to work well beyond retirement age, etc. – note that the Europeans and East Asians have the same problem, suggesting it won’t be the Russians, Chinese or EU that ends up stealing our lunch).

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

Neville,

Really?

👑RebYidd23
    Participant

Slavery can lead to 0% unemployment.

Neville ChaimBerlin
    Participant

Yes.

If you think it’s healthy for parts of the population to go hungry because giving them a livelihood MIGHT affect the general cost of living in the country, you are a terrible person.

👑RebYidd23
    Participant

A person who quits his job to look for a new one is unemployed, even if he only quit because he expects to have enough money to last until he finds his next job.

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

“If you think it’s healthy for parts of the population to go hungry because giving them a livelihood MIGHT affect the general cost of living in the country, you are a terrible person.“

If the unemployment rate is 0% that means people won’t be hungry, conversely if the unemployment is more than 0 that means that they will go hungry?

Do you know government benefits give more to people that don’t work than minimum wage jobs (through different programs)

I’m not advocating for it I’m just saying, just because someone has a minimum wage job doesn’t mean he won’t go hungry

anonymous Jew
    Participant

Akuperma , you’ve bought the media kool-ade
    Trump is not anti-immigrant, he is against Illegal immigration. He’s very much in favor of merit based immigration, people who have skills to offer

Neville ChaimBerlin
    Participant

“If the unemployment rate is 0% that means people won’t be hungry”
    I never said that. But, if the unemployment rate is anything other than 0, then people are in need of income that they don’t have. I think it’s pretty logical to assume that would eventually lead to inability to afford basic necessities.

👑RebYidd23
    Participant

The unemployment rate includes couples looking for a second income in order to upgrade their lifestyle.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.