2010 Yankees Post Season

Home Forums Humor & Entertainment 2010 Yankees Post Season

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Chosson

I think this can be a very fun thread, where all baseball fans can discuss the playoffs! What do you say

Chosson

Who do you think the Yankees are going to play in the A.L.C.S.?

blinky
    Participant

Didn’t you start the thread about newspapers having a sports section? Figures. Sorry can’t help you on this topic.

Sacrilege

GO PHILLIES!

WIY

I’m not sure the “Yeshiva World” website is the best place for this discussion but good luck I’m sure there are some sports fans here.

apushatayid
    Participant

I cant speak for all Yeshivos. In the yeshiva I attended, the coffee room was always filled with sports talk.

LBK
    Participant

probably better to discuss the yankees than the lowlifes who are protesting outside chaim berlin ELEMENTARY SCHOOL today

Chosson

Sacrilege,

Although the Phillies have very good starting pitching, and a pretty strong offense, they have no chance of beating the Yankees!

Chosson

apushatayid,

I heard 2 very cute stories about Yeshivah Bochurim who were into Baseball back in the 60s:

1) In the Telshe Yeshiva during one of the World Series Games the boys were in middle of learning in the Mishmar Seder and did’nt want to stop learning, but wanted to know the score, so the shut off all the lamps on the yartzeit Board on Mizrach and made up that one side was the yankees and the other side was the opposing team and one guy listned to the game, and when either side scored a run he would go over to the board and turn on one bulb on the the designated side and all the bochurim would look at the board every once in a while and stay updated.

2) The Boys used to say when someone had a very good “Kushya”, “It’s so Shver that even Mickey Mantle ken es nisht upshlugin

Sacrilege

Chosson – Pitching is what wins in the PS.

Chosson

Right there, But We have CC who is pretty much as good as anybody, We have Pettite who won more post season starts then anybody ever with a staggering 19-7 , And Phil Hughes who was dazzling us last week, and we have a better defensive infield that them and a red hot offense

apushatayid
    Participant

Yankees/Phillies again, will be a lot of fun. It will probably come down to Brad Lidge doing a great Mitch “Wild Thing” Williams impersonation and the Yankees will win in 6. Of course, both still have to get out of their respective leagues.

arc
    Participant

hallady, oswalt and hamels > CC, petteite and hughes.

if it makes it to the pen Rivera > all others

Chosson

Definitley Mo, He’s back to his old self in the Post Season, which is; the Best Relief Pitcher Ever!!!!

Chosson

arc,

I’m not sure what you were getting at in that post

arc
    Participant

see the post 2 above my initial one. (i.e. your comments)

Sacrilege

Chosson – Lets compare pitching stats.

CC’s numbers are actually LOWER than those of Halladay, Hamels, Lidge & Oswalt.

The only one who is comparative is Mariano and Hughes is unreliable.

Chosson

Lower as in better?

Chosson

And Oswalt is reliable?

Sacrilege

LOL 😛

P.S. I’m not even a Phillies fan.

apushatayid
    Participant

Its hard not to root for someone named Buster Posey.

Chosson

So you’re rooting for the Giant’s?

Sacrilege

Posey is on the Giants…

apushatayid
    Participant

OK. if you dont want to talk baseball….

Any other Dallas Cowboys haters out there happy with Chris Johnsons little touchdown dance on the Dallas logo in the end zone? It wasnt Terrel Owens dance on the 50 yard line, but pretty darn close.

Sacrilege

Is it just me or do the refs make too big a deal about showboating?

I go to a game to be entertained. A lil dance in the end zone is just icing on the cake.

goody613

its bad sporstmanship,dont celebrate in front of the other the team

Sacrilege

goody – All it shows is passion is that not what you want your team to have?

As a side note, why then after a big victory do they go all out to celebrate? Streamers, fireworks, Champagne all whilst the other team is still there, is that not bad Sportsmanship?

apushatayid
    Participant

Nothing like a little end zone dance to entertain the fans. I still do the icky shuffle 🙂

Sacrilege

apy – you play footbal? 😉

apushatayid
    Participant

I went to yeshiva in cold weather city. snow on the ground from october to april. all we did was play football out in the snow when we werent in the beis medrash. I do readily admit that my end zone dance is a lot better than my ball catching skills. 🙂

Chosson

A.J. Burnett is on the A.L.C.S. starting rotation, Uh Oh!!!

apushatayid
    Participant

Hopefully the yankees are up 3-0 when its burnetts turn in the rotation, otherwise I think we will see a quick turn back to a 3 man rotation. I think the yankees are seceretly working in their lab on a way to grow a 3rd on on both sabathia and pettite. so both can go on 2 days rest.

Chosson

Phil Hughes is going to really keep up his pithcing in the 3rd start for two reasons:

1- Because as you said they need a 3-0 lead for A.J. to keep him calm and focused (if that’s possible at all)

2- Because he will be pithcing against Cliff Lee

Sacrilege

As long as he doesnt punch a door I think your ok.

squeak
    Participant

Oy. This year, there wasn’t even a token protest about a sports thread on YWN. Yeridas hadoiros?

i protested in my heart

Chosson

Squeak,

I don’t think writing about sports is any worse then writing about 1)Secular Music 2)Movies 3)Girls wearing inappropriate clothing (very graphically described here), etc.

P.S Send regards to the dolpins

squeak
    Participant

and next year will there be even that?

as far as #3 i thought i got rid of all those

please point out where those posts are and they will be gone shortly

thank you

Chosson

80-

I don’t have any current threads in mind, just speaking in general

ok thanks

anytime anyone sees something innapropriate here pleas post it or email me at [email protected]

re: the comparison between movies and sports (professional, not kids playing so much)

movies are far worse, they are in a league of their own. sports isnt even in the ballpark.

and sports have an additional redeeming feature. within them the Yetzer Harah cries out: look at me! here i am, exposed! study my ways.

the illusion of chashivus in such an utterly and openly foolish concept is so apparent. draw parallels between this and the far more hidden ways of the Y’H. valuable indeed

What can be more trivial than a Yankee thread?

This can:

The word is “postseason”, not “post season”.

Chosson

Mod-80:

I don’t get your point?

is post-season acceptable?

Sacrilege

I think I am to blame for the yerida (oops)

my point is how important sports can be, in a different sense than usually considered. i dont wish to ruin my previous clever post with further verbose explanation.

Chosson

Back to the matter at hand, don’t you think that Joe Girardi should put A.J. in Game 6 after CC pitches Games 1-4, and Andy Pitches Games 2-5 , and Phil Hughes will pitch Game 7 if needed?

I’m going for the Philles all the way because most of my friends are Phillies fans. By the way, to all you Yanks fans, how are you so sure they are going to make the world series?

P.S. Next year the O’s are going to go a long way, now that they have Buck Showalter. I think they’ll make the playoffs!

Chosson

Wheelchair,

I’m afraid you have a point regarding the Birds. their september record was well above .500

But regarding the Yanks, they’re gonna make it in 5 or maybe 6 no question

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.