3-4 Minute Dvar Torah on Malchus

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 3-4 Minute Dvar Torah on Malchus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I don’t really know how to write divrei Torah and also, I need one by tomorrow that is 3-4 minutes long on malchus. I just found out that I had to give it tonight. I know that the reason we observe Rosh Hashana is because the purpose of the chag is coronating Hashem, but does anyone have any other ideas.

*note, I will be presenting this to a very MO crowd, although I am a bit more chareidi. And I am supposed to have someone help me even though I know I can write it but just need ideas (I don’t want to start talking about a million gemaras…).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I am in Israel.

THX!

Snowbunny3318

JayMatt19
    Participant

Malchus in general or the malchus of hashem/us treating hashem as king?

Either one will work.

twisted
    Participant

maybe contrast the failed malchus of Shaul, with those of David and Shlomo, and then the failed malchus of Rechavam. Shaul is an intensely interesting character.

meaning that I should make David and shlomo sound victorious? that could work.

I know that shaoul was appointed King by Hashem/ Shmuel, and Shmuel supervised him. Then Shaoul abused his power so David was coronated king, and at the beginning they were both kings at the same time and then something happened so Shaoul gave up his kingsship (?) and after David die, Shlomo became king, but what seforim should I look those up in?

Twisted: thank you for your idea, I really appreciate it! A ton of people said I did really well on it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.