49.5% of Americans dont pay any income tax

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 49.5% of Americans dont pay any income tax

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    yungerman1
    Participant

In 1984 the number was 14.8%.

Just a thought- If they would break down the numbers and calculate based on race and nationality what would the numbers show? Hmmm…

commonsense
    Participant

notice the silence btw i believe the number is 47% which is shocking enough. It’s also why Obama may be reelected because he has given so many people so much money that they don’t care about the damage he has wreaked (yes, it’s spelled correctly).

more

“49.5% of Americans dont pay any income tax”

The American government is bankrupt and that’s why there is a higher percentage of dietry problems.. Higher the taxes crack down on them and you’ll have a healthier country. people won’t be so fat there.-If they have to pay tax they wouldn’t spend thier money on unnessary Junk.

squeak
    Participant

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the Public Treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always followed by dictatorship.

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been two-hundred years. These nations have progressed throught this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependence back again into bondage.

soliek

more: junk food is cheaper

also…half of that 50% live in boro park 😛

cherrybim
    Participant

What % of kollel people don’t pay income tax?

a mamin
    Participant

That might be because their income is too low based on their family size.

yungerman1
    Participant

more- “The American government is bankrupt and that’s why there is a higher percentage of dietry problems.”

Huh?

Higher taxes leads to more govt dependance and less revenue for the govt. Look at whats happening in England, they raised the income tax to 50% and guess what, liberals, revenue has fallen!

flyer
    Participant

you may be right that many people in BP are not but a lot more are!! There are so many banks in BP for a reason. At least in BP it is a mix – some giving, some taking. In other places everyone is taking!!

mosheemes2

The Alexander Tyler quote is fake, and also from a guy who, in real life, was pretty much wrong about everything.

BTGuy
    Participant

Then when you add the high percentage of illegals who dont pay taxes but who benefit from those things that taxes go to, along with all those billionaires who do not “take a salary” and avoid income taxes, you can see why America has “Gone Fishing”, and left the rest of us carrying the load.

This is one reason why it is so difficult to have to pick a pony in the political races. Even if you are voting against the other guy, does it matter in the long run?

popa_bar_abba
    Participant

along with all those billionaires who do not “take a salary” and avoid income taxes

Yeah, you’ve been watching the news. That isn’t really true, but I don’t have the strength to explain it right now. It is quite amazing how the media has no problem publishing misleading stories like that, though.

You may rest assured, that it is impossible to spend any money without having paid taxes on it.

agittayid
    Participant

? Alexis de Tocqueville

zahavasdad
    Participant

If you are worried about government “handouts’

DONT live in “section 8 housing” when your inlaws own the house and are your “landlord”

DONT use Foodstamps if you are able to work, Foodstamps are meant for people who cant work as opposed to who want to do something else

DONT accept off the books pay so your declared income is lower than it really is

BTGuy
    Participant

Hi PBA.

I believe the point was paying income taxes, and not on what you are taxed when you spend the money.

Not only are there people who are very wealthy who do not “take a salary”, and avoid income tax, there are large “American” companies that hold European addresses to shirk income tax responsibility. Additionally, huge companies “get/receive” entitlements from tax dollars for further development, even if they profited more than any company in the history of the world (Exxon).

I am open to all sources of information. If one day you want to explain how the claim of the wealthy not taking a salary “isn’t really true”, I would not mind considering your information.

soliek

ugh…i meant it as a joke…

a mamin
    Participant

I don’t have food stamps, I don’t live on Section 8, I don’t even qualify for Medicaid BUT we are struggling! I don’t have to pay income tax, right now but my real estate taxes on my condo are almost $10,000 a year!! Thats almost a mortgage! That’s crazy!( We only work on the table)

big deal
    Participant

zdad – I’ve got news for you. Government keeps on raising the poverty bar and people can make more money now and qualify for handouts without any of the tricks you’ve mentioned. Hey, if their giving? You’ve got to be stupid not to take.

It’s one their tricks to make this a dependents society that we have no choice but to reelect them again and again for fear of our wallets.

popa_bar_abba
    Participant

BTGuy:

Ok fine. You are ignoring two taxes which are very relevant.

1. The Capital Gains tax. We can bicker about how much the KG (capital gains) rate should be, but you can’t simply ignore that it exists.

2. The Corporate Tax. If I invest 1000 dollars in a company which I own, and the company makes 100 dollars, the company pays 35 dollars in tax and is now worth 1065, and then I also pay tax when I either take the other 65 out, or sell my company for 1065. There is a machlokes among the economists regarding who bears the burden of this tax ultimately, for reasons I don’t entirely understand. But again, you cannot simply ignore it.

When I said you cannot spend money without paying tax, I was referring to the income tax-not to the sales tax. I meant that by the time you have the cash, you must have paid either income tax or KG.

Regarding the companies who have international earnings, you are again only referring to the corporate tax. And, who says we should tax companies that are doing business outside the country? Just because they are headquartered in Delaware? And what if most of the investors are also international?

Al Sharpton YMS lost weight; he can’t even count as 20% of Americans let alone 49% even though he was a perennial tax evader!

Ken Zayn

49.5% of Americans are below standard at mathematics. And the remainder 63.7% are only marginally better.

tb
    Participant

zahavasdad – you are misinformed. A parent cannot receive section 8 benefits for their children and unless someone is disabled, they cannot receive food stamps unless they ARE working

popa_bar_abba
    Participant

Hey, BTguy: I need validation. Please come back and say: “Popa knows so much about tax. He must be a taxidermist.”

WolfishMusings
    Participant

49.5% of Americans are below standard at mathematics.

And 50% are below the median of mathematical ability.

The Wolf

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.