7-Eleven

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 7-Eleven

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Meno
    Participant

What’s the point of those straws? You know, the ones with the spoon-type thing on the end.

I have a theory, but I would like to see what other people think.

Joseph
    Participant

To get people to talk about it, mentioning 7-11 thereby giving them free publicity and buzz.

Shulem Lemmer
    Participant

Will there still be straws for my free slurpee on 7-11 day?

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

So you can scoop out the slurpee on the bottom

DovidBT
    Participant

What’s the point of those straws? You know, the ones with the spoon-type thing on the end.

“a funnel-like cone to scoop up icy remnants”

Meno
    Participant

“a funnel-like cone to scoop up icy remnants”

Where’s this quote from?

DovidBT
    Participant

Where’s this quote from?

The article “7 Cool Things 7-Eleven Never Told You About The Slurpee” at rd DOT com.

Meno
    Participant

I don’t think that’s what it’s for. Try using a regular straw to get all the icy bits at the end and then try using that “spoon” and tell me which works better.

DovidBT
    Participant

Try using a regular straw to get all the icy bits at the end and then try using that “spoon” and tell me which works better.

Maybe their straw engineering department is not up to industry standards.

Meno
    Participant

Maybe their straw engineering department is not up to industry standards.

Eh. I find that hard to believe.

Anyway, here’s my theory:

When you use a regular straw to drink, the bottom of the straw sits almost flat on the bottom of the cup, leaving a very small effective opening at the bottom of the straw. This works fine for liquids, but doesn’t work well for semi-frozen drinks such as Slurpees, which tend to clog up such a small opening.

The purpose of the “spoon” is to raise the bottom of the straw off the bottom of the cup, creating a larger effective opening, allowing the drink to flow through without clogging.

I’ll be expecting a call from Reader’s Digest.

Shulem Lemmer
    Participant

Hi, I’m from the Reader’s Digest, I’m looking for a Meno who discovered the ingenuity of 7-11 slurpee straw design, do you know where I can find him?

Mammele
    Participant

Hi, I’m from the Reader’s digest.

I’m looking for a Shulem Lemmer that just landed a great music record deal. Anyone know where I can find him?

Oops, who still reads the Readers Digest, and why would an actual celebrity hang out here? Sigh. Gotta get to the REALLY important stuff. I’m too serious to go the comedian route. And the 9 days are almost here.

I cut the spoon tip off, I find it annoying.

Meno
    Participant

Don’t they have regular straws also, for soda and stuff?

And do moderators actually drink slurpees?

Why would I want to use a soda straw for a slurpee?

Jersey Jew
    Participant

Seems you people are 7-11 rookies. The SpoonStraw (TM) is so that you could eat your Slurpee with the spoon as well as the straw. You could use the spoon if you get a good geshmaka Slurpee perfectly frozen.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.