Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Now that the 9th hour of the 9th day of the 9th month of the 9th year of the Yovel has passed, are we going to be hearing about this Seguloh on Assoro Teves next year during the 10th year of the Yovel at the 10th hour? & then Shevat 11th in 2 years at the 11th hour?

Or is #”9″ unique?

Shopping613 🌠
    Participant

Dont think so…I dont remember anything special of the 8th year…

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

This is the first time in 147 years that the title, last poster, and # of posts all were only numbers.

I guess it will happen in another year.

(Posted when the thread was 9 minutes old.)

streekgeek
    Participant

Today is also special cuz it’s 11/12/13. Hey maybe there’s an eis ratzon at 9:10!!!!! 3 more minutes….

brentout
    Participant

Now that the 9th hour of the 9th day of the 9th month of the 9th year of the Yovel has passed, are we going to be hearing about this Seguloh on Assoro Teves next year during the 10th year of the Yovel at the 10th hour? & then Shevat 11th in 2 years at the 11th hour?

Or is #”9″ unique?

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

=====================================

Shopping613

The Awarder, President, and founder of SUC (Single Username Certificates). Contact me to join. Pretty please with all the toppings on top

Dont think so…I dont remember anything special of the 8th year…

POSTED 56 MINUTES AGO #

DaasYochid

a singular mind

This is the first time in 147 years that the title, last poster, and # of posts all were only numbers.

I guess it will happen in another year.

(Posted when the thread was 9 minutes old.)

POSTED 44 MINUTES AGO #

It couldn’t have been 9 minutes after the opening post because your post was made 12 minutes after the second post.

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

I started writing it at 9 minutes.

brentout
    Participant

Hmm, and it took you… well over an hour to finish typing the comment?

🐵 ⌨ Gamanit
    Participant

brentout- took the mods to approve it you mean…

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

You’re right, the freshness was nine minutes, but that refers to the time from the most recent post. So it must have taken 2-3 minutes from when I saw the front page until I hit send.

oomis
    Participant

So is anyone suggesting that there is ever an hour or minute or second that Hashem is NOT answering our tefilos?

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

Gamanit, I think the time shows up according to when it was sent, but thanks.

☕ DaasYochid ☕
    Participant

Oomis, different answers, I guess.

takahmamash
    Participant

streekgeek:

Today is also special cuz it’s 11/12/13. Hey maybe there’s an eis ratzon at 9:10!!!!! 3 more minutes….

You were off by an hour. It occurred at 08:09:10 11/12/13.

streekgeek
    Participant

takahmamash – Thanks for pointing that out, but my brain doesn’t work with such small time increments. And anyways, I missed that one already, but at least we still have the PM hours… Asifa anyone?

🐵 ⌨ Gamanit
    Participant

streekgeek- following the pattern, the time should be 14:15 (2:15pm) still time for that…

hakohen53
    Participant

Regarding the first post, the mekubal who first mentioned this discussed just the fact of the uniqueness and segula of “9”. In fact, my understanding is that there are people who every year consider the 9th day of Kislev to be an eis ratzon. It does not have to also be the 9th year of yoivel, although that would make it additionally auspicious.

Which brings me to the next issue: If next year is shmitta, how could this year be the 9th year of yoivel? Hmmm. Moreover, the Kupath Ha’ir literature states that Rav Kanievsky supposedly indicated that 5756 was the 40th year of the yoivel and that therefore 5765 was yoivel and thus this year is the 9th year of yoivel. But, if you make the calculation, if 5756 was the 40th year of yoivel, then 5765 would only be the 49th year of yoivel and yoivel would not be until 5766! That means that the 9th year of yoivel isn’t til next year! Hmmm, again.

streekgeek
    Participant

Gamanit – LOL! Thanks… HURRY LET”S BRING OUT THE WINE FOR A L’CHAIM!! 8 MORE MINUTES!!

YW Moderator-42
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘9’ is closed to new replies.