Toddler Who Ingested Nicotine Drop From Electric Cigarette was Niftar in Jerusalem Hospital

5

mdanA 30-month-old Yerushalayim toddler from the Beis Yisrael neighborhood was niftar on Tuesday, 19 Sivan 5773 in the hospital. EMS officials responded to the family’s home on Yosef Karo Street. Ichud Hatzalah EMTs reported upon their arrival the girl was in an altered mental state and her condition deteriorated rapidly. MDA EMTs added that when she was transported her condition was already listed as very serious.

The girl was transported in the morning hours after losing consciousness, the result of ingesting nicotine drops from an electronic cigarette. She was first transported to Shaare Zedek Medical Center but after her condition was evaluated, it was decided to move her to an intensive care unit of Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital. Despite the efforts by the medical team, she was niftar during the evening hours.

According to the US Federal Drug Administration, the drops used for electronic cigarettes contain a number of ingredients which are poisonous to humans, including nicotine and giatiln glycol.

Officials report the family is a young couple, chareidim, and the nifteres was their first child.

(YWN – Israel Desk, Jerusalem)




5 COMMENTS

  1. These are the electronic cigarettes that you can buy from the yeshiva guy, the post office, or anyone else trying to make an extra few nis. They’re dangerous and illegal, and you should make an effort to have them not sold wherever you see them being sold.

  2. This is serious stuff. Please keep all such things away from children. Also they are a small item and a serious choking hazard.

  3. According to the story, they “contain nicotine which is poisonous to humans.” Oyb ahzoy why is this allowed in cancer sticks aka coffin nails?

  4. The comments on this article are ignorant and just plain wrong. No religious ideal could have saved that kid. Plus ecigs are neither dangerous nor illegal.