as promised. What you've been waiting for...
UPDATE ON THE
GROUND BREAKING SHIDDUCH PROJECT
The following is an overview of the security procedures and oversight being instituted by the NASI shidduch project:
1. The firm Hirsch, Oelbaum, Bram, Hanover, & Lisker has been retained to set up accounting security procedures as well to provide ongoing oversight, audit and prepare year end statements. Their reports will be of public record and available upon request.
2. All monies received will be deposited into an account named NASI Shadchan fund (this will be verifiable by each participant).
3. Withdrawals from the fund will require two signatures, one from a list of administrative personnel, Group A, and one from Group B, which consists of a few well known Roshei Yeshiva.
4. A contract outlining the rights and obligations of the parties has been drafted by a lawyer and reviewed by dayanim. This contract will be signed by both NASI and the participant.
In addition a contract outlining the relationship between NASI and participating shadchanim has been drafted and will be signed by both NASI and the participating shadchan.
5. The following language (or its equivalent) will appear in the contract between NASI and each individual participant:
Withdrawals from NASI Shadchan fund will be permitted only for the following purposes:
A. To pass money along to a shadchan after the wedding in the event of a completed shidduch .
B. To pass along $500 administrative fee to NASI after the wedding in event of completed shidduch.
C. To return monies to a participant upon their request.
D. Any withdrawals for any other purpose will be considered willful misconduct on the part of NASI.
6. Participants will be afforded the opportunity to send copies of their signed contracts and cancelled checks directly to the firm of Hirsch Oelbaum thus ensuring that all monies sent to NASI are accounted for.
7. There will be a strict confidentiality provision and penalty in the shadchan’s contract, ensuring that the list is used for no purpose other than for shadchanim to redd shidduchim.
For more information on how to join the list please email firstname.lastname@example.org