Just wondering.. do all these conversations about dating, shidduchim, boys, girls, perfections, imperfections and smoking steer anyone “in the parsha” in the right direction? Does it REALLY help someone out there, from a deah of a someone out there? Mine included…
Yes, as a matter of fact it does:
1. I just stopped smoking yesterday since I discovered that it’s not a good idea to smoke before the age of 119.
2. I had only started smoking in the first place when I discovered that it’s only boys who smoke who are considered OTD and not girls (for some reason, I had been under the mistaken impression that it was the other way around…. so it was good that I was enlightened by the CR).
3. I decided to start dating since I found out that there actually are perfect boys in the world.
It’s helped for me:
1. I’ve realized that past dates were there to help me work on my middos and get a better grasp on what I need in a partner (rather than what I want) and who I want to become (rather than who I think that I “should” be and become).
2. I’ve learned that others in the parsha have both unique struggles and ones that I can directly relate to thus far. It is encouraging to know that we can all overcome barriers with perseverance, histadlus, emuna, and bitachon.
3. I really love hearing from married posters who talk about how they struggled and now are happily married. Also, I love hearing from posters who shared about their children’s struggles in the parsha and in time too found their besherts. Personally, I find such personal accounts as a light to show me that this too shall pass and one day B”H I too will have a story to share about the parsha.
4. I also decided not to start smoking.