#1 Charoses Fan

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee #1 Charoses Fan

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    BaalHabooze
    Participant

so I just ate up all my mother’s and mother-in laws’ charoses first day chol hamoed, made more when noone was looking, and today I’m craaaaving for more!….. crazy? or what? Anyone else like charoses as much as I do?

AinOhdMilvado
    Participant

I love charoset too – at least the charoset that I make!

A couple of interesting thoughts about charoset that I had for the first time this year…

1) Unlike matza and maror, there is no definite shiur of how much you have to eat (only that you can only have a dip’s-worth with the maror, – but other than that you can have as little or as much as you want).

2) Unlike maror, which whether lettuce or horse-radish or whatever, is JUST that, i.e. JUST lettuce, or JUST horse-radish, but with charoset, everyone has their own varied ingredients and recipes for it.

I was thinking about the implications, and was thinking that maybe taking the above thoughts into the cheshbon, charoset really is a symbol of chairut (freedom) since WE have bechira to determine the recipe AND how much to eat -AND- even most of the letters of those two words are the same!

YW Moderator-42

How much wine is in your charoses.

BaalHabooze
    Participant

hehe, my mother & shvigger know me quite well by now…and apparently everyone in the CR (MODS included). But seriously, I’d say it’s 1/3 wine

AinOhdMilvado
    Participant

Very little wine, because the kids love charoses too, – and it’s hard enough to keep the awake through the seder!

Sooo… It’s grape juice to the rescue!

Nechomah
    Participant

My kids eat TONS. I have a recipe for a small amount (probably the normal amount consumed by a family at Leil HaSeder), which we automatically make a batch x5 for YT. It lasted for first day Chol HaMoed. We ate out for 2 days, so before today’s meal I made another batch x5 and again tonight made another. I hope we’ll have enough for all the meals on YT and Shabbos. Enjoy!!!

oomis
    Participant

What – you actually had any left after the Sedarim????? We were out of it before the first Chad Gadya (JK, I made more than enough for both meals – I know my customers).

hello99
    Participant

I never heard of anyone eating Charoses. It’s just for dipping the Maror in.

Nechomah
    Participant

Hello99, yes it’s a fight to make sure they just dip the maror in it and also the maror in the korech. They practically want to shmear it in the whole lettuce. I explained that this isn’t the point.

After that, though, it’s fair game. Since there’s not much time at Shulchan Aruch for us before chatzos, we just wait until YT day meal and then I serve up a small bowl of charoses for each person who wants one, which is 6 out of 8 in my house. We get it in time for hamotzi and dip our matza in it throughout the kezias. Basically all matza is eaten with something on it. It’s a lot of fun. We love it.

Patri

I love to drink the zaltz vasser!

TheGoq
    Participant

At the sedorim i ate more karpas potato cubes than i care to admit. I cant drink two glasses of wine on an empty stomach sorry so i nosh on the cubes during maggid.

Peerimsameach
    Participant

If Ur the number 1 charoises fan than I’m the # 1 arbah koises fan. Unlike most of the people at the Seder I didn’t have to force any cups down… I drank than all gladly. Plus a few more at shulchan aruch- I need to remember the name of the wine… It was sweet but not sickly/ nauseous sweet

“At the sedorim i ate more karpas potato cubes than i care to admit. I cant drink two glasses of wine on an empty stomach sorry so i nosh on the cubes during maggid.”

Ahh!!! Goq! I thought I was the only one who does that!

TheGoq
    Participant

NOMTW welcome to the first meeting of cubenoshers anonymous hi my name is goq and i nosh on the cubes.

Peerimsameach
    Participant

That’s mad weird

Wicked here! I’m open to chomping on celery sticks too.

BTGuy
    Participant

Hi Baal.

lol. I know what you mean. And to add to that, to me, all Pesach food, in general, is so tasty. I now have to work it off because my belt notch is pulling. lol

BaalHabooze
    Participant

Lol BTGuy!

Y’know besides matzah and charoses, I agree, I also love all Pesach foods too. When else would my wife cook oily, fatty, fried potatoes, and potato-chip “breaded” chicken? Not to mention all the other yummy pesach food specially for Yom Tov…I could have sworn I heard the bathroom scale gasp when I got on it Motzei Y.T….

BTGuy
    Participant

Hi Baal.

Well, I think it’s time for us to start working out and working off all that good food and wine.

I think I will start next Monday, though..lol

BaalHabooze
    Participant

uh…okay BTG not THIS coming up Monday, NEXT Monday sounds good. I still don’t get my my wife thinks I’m out of shape, I told her round IS a shape! LOL!

BTGuy
    Participant

lol @ BH!

Peerimsameach
    Participant

Lol glad to see you took my comment well. 🙂 gj

Peerimsameach
    Participant

Lol ACTUalyy I just realized my comment was to The goq so nevermind.

Peerimsameach
    Participant

I should really read the whole thread before I comment. Ha sorry ;(

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.