300,000 Comments In The Coffee Room

Home Forums YWN Main Site & Coffee Room Issues 300,000 Comments In The Coffee Room

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Y.W. Editor
    Keymaster

Today, the YWN Coffee Room has hit 300,000 comments.

Your thoughts?

popa_bar_abba
    Participant

Your thoughts?

We make 300k comments, and all you can ask for is more thoughts?

Feif Un
    Participant

What a waste of time!

yentingyenta
    Participant

what percent _____h? 🙂

That’s 300,000 more than R’ Chaim Kanievsky lets.

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/article.php?p=109840

Luke

Maybe this post should be a sticky to show how lame the CR is.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts? lots of really really addicted people here, present company included.

I’ll also answer for Jothar (I hope he doesn’t mind): ka-ching X 300,000.

hmm, maybe we should start an Occupy CR movement to demand that we 99 percenters get our fare share of those ka-chings! 🙂

real-brisker

And according to my google search, there are about 11,500 screen names. About 1/3 of them are J*****h.

squeak
    Participant

So only 31000 or so were deleted?

Jothar

Charlie Brown, +1 and rotfl!

11,500 screen names, and 65 posters on a daily basis. J______ has been one busy poster.

jothar,

thx!

squeak,

how did you calculate that? also, did you expect that more than 10% were deleted? I woulda thunk it would be less.

oh, and squeak, i just noticed your new subtitle. who do you now communicate with besides dolphins? J____h’s? 🙂

rc
    Participant

how many were about the shidduch crisis? and how many were about NASI>?

squeak
    Participant

charile,

1. You know that I am double nickel. Just kidding.

2. Since I’m just kiding, I will reveal my true method. Just click the hash symbol on any recent post and you will see a number. For example, yours is 331,490. But I have no idea what that count includes.

3. I would have thunk much, much more :p

4. As I have said peviously, I had nothing to do with my sub

5. If it helps, the two most intelligent creatures on Earth ae mice and dolphins, in that order.

6. Humans are third.

7. Some humans are ranked even lower.

ZeesKite
    Participant

Make that 300,001

squeak,

after all this time I’d expect you to know that my name is charlie not charile! Good Grief!

the double nickel mod hasn’t been around lately and neither have you. hmmmm. you sure you’re kidding? 🙂

ahh, I thought those were random numbers, never realized they’re sequential. its good binary isn’t common – imagine how long the URL’s would be!

I’m deeply offended that you say I’m dumber than a mouse. It is very interesting though. I never knew that they’re smart.

smartcookie

What an accomplishment. I’m oh so inspired by this.

Now where’s the celebration taking place?

squeak
    Participant

No offense intended. It came as a big shock to me, but apparently they are pan-dimensional beings who took on that form in order to run experiments on the human race. Mod 42 can confirm this.

What I never understood is why they took interest in humans, rather than in the more intelligent dolphins.

who had the 300000th comment?

Understand

smartcookie; celebration taking place in “coffee room”, we r serving “coffee”.

midwesterner
    Participant

If clicking the number on any post gives an accurate reading, per Squeak above, we crossed 300K around 2.5 months ago.

And this message is 331,796, or almost 11% past 300K!

OneOfMany
    Participant

Where did the dolphins go when they evacuated? Did they join the mice? (Mod 42, do you know this too?)

hanib
    Participant

how could mod 42 not know this if he knows the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

squeak
    Participant

midwesterner- it’s squeak, not Squeak, I’ll thank you to remember. Second, I said I have no idea what that counts- maybe it double counts the first post in a thread, maybe it includes deleted, and maybe not. Only a mod or above can tell us., but I am curious about it.

OneOfMany- the dolphins tried to tell us, but we didn’t understand so we don’t know where they headed.

apparently they are pan-dimensional beings who took on that form in order to run experiments on the human race

lol. I once saw a picture of a giant mouse sitting in front of a computer…using a human as his pointing device.

it looks like a I missed an interesting conversation on some other thread where mod42 discussed something about evacuated dolphins… Anyone care to post a link?

oh, and squeak, how do you know what the dolphins were trying to tell us if “we didn’t understand”?

Jothar

squeak, I thought they said “So long, and thanks for all the phishing threads!”

hanib
    Participant

charliebrown – i guess you’ve stuck more to peanuts and weren’t that interested in hitchhiking around galaxies.

jothar – methinks that one proof that dolphins are smarter than humans is that they like “fish” and not “phishs”

charliebrown – i guess you’ve stuck more to peanuts and weren’t that interested in hitchhiking around galaxies.

mice and dolphins hitchhiking around galaxies? wow! why do they have all the interesting threads when I’m absent?

charlie brown,

lol. I once saw a picture of a giant mouse sitting in front of a computer…using a human as his pointing device.

The Far Side, I think.

Jothar

Maybe the dolphins volunteered to be eaten at the restaurant at the end of the universe…Zarquon!

Or maybe they were killed by daleks…uh-oh, mixing multiverses!

DaasYochid, i saw it on the wall above someone’s desk years ago but its very possible he clipped it from the far side. It’s his type of humor.

squeak
    Participant

charlie – (see, I can spell it right sometimes)

it looks like a I missed an interesting conversation on some other thread where mod42 discussed something about evacuated dolphins… Anyone care to post a link?

There are many references to the subject in the CR, but no actual conversations about it. A few posters make references in random places and that’s it.

oh, and squeak, how do you know what the dolphins were trying to tell us if “we didn’t understand”?

You clearly have forgotten that I can communicate with dolphins. Or can I? At least according to feivel. The real answer is that I read in a book what the dolphins’ message was.

Jothar-

Maybe the dolphins volunteered to be eaten at the restaurant at the end of the universe…

Uh, no. They successfully bred a cow-like animal that offered itself up for eating. No dolphin ancestry. Also, you should not say the “Z” name because of the issur “lo yishoma al picha” 😉

OneOfMany
    Participant

E-VAC-U-ATE E-VAC-U-AAAAATE

OneOfMany
    Participant

Resistance is futile.

There are many references to the subject in the CR, but no actual conversations about it. A few posters make references in random places and that’s it.

curiosity killed the cat and you’re not willing or able to kill the curiosity, huh?

You clearly have forgotten that I can communicate with dolphins.

I know you can communicate with them but in this case you said you didn’t understand them. (assuming you meant the royal “we”).

YW Moderator-42

I challenge anybody to insult each and every one of J—-‘s screennames in alphabetical order…

42 whyd ya write that in this topic?

squeak
    Participant

And I assume the connection to this thread is that this is the other one I have commented on?

hanib
    Participant

mod. 42 – lol

charlie – ask mod. 42 or squeak why they’re always carrying a towel around with them. maybe then, they’ll answer your question directly. 🙂

Jothar

Wow. So many hoopy froods here.

doleofyou
    Participant

300,000… We’ve hit about 600,000 by now! Wow!

Little Froggie
    Participant

That Jothar guy’s really scary!! He spelled out my name before I even thought about inventing it..

Chortkov
    Participant

Technically, there’s about 565,225 posts, and at least 11% have been blocked.

Joseph
    Participant

yekke: Where’d you get your blocked statistics from?

Chortkov
    Participant
    Joseph
    Participant

That stat is from close to 4 years ago. It likely is different now.

NeutiquamErro
    Participant

It likely is different now? Or not not unlike?

screwdriverdelight
    Participant

According to my calculations, there should be 20,598 threads.

There are 20,501, including closed topics, but not including deleted topics.

Joseph
    Participant

sdd, how’d you do your calculation?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.