May 26, 2018 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm #1526416
r y, you wrote “Rhyming your words won’t make you more right,
And repeating a rhyme won’t make it more fit”
Yes, you did imply I am right whether I rhyme or not.
and further, why can you rhyme, and why can’t I?
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMMay 27, 2018 12:40 am at 12:40 am #1526423
More can be more than zero.May 27, 2018 12:49 am at 12:49 am #1526430
RY : So it is a positive value and not a negative value!
Thank you for your support, you have not wiped your initial enthusiasm, you are so good! (Just a little confused)
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMMay 27, 2018 1:07 am at 1:07 am #1526432
No, because the value remains unchanged from an unspecified value.May 27, 2018 3:23 am at 3:23 am #1526437
But it is positive! Please have a rest from the coffee, you are a little bit confused.
Can’t be true that you really don’t support :
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMMay 27, 2018 8:42 pm at 8:42 pm #1526723
Why can’t it be true?May 27, 2018 9:06 pm at 9:06 pm #1526737
Are you a Jew? Then you will support:
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMMay 27, 2018 9:49 pm at 9:49 pm #1526746
If that is what defines a Jew, perhaps I am not one.May 27, 2018 9:49 pm at 9:49 pm #1526745
I’m really confused.
@ready now, you really think that repeating points over and over again in the YWN CR will take you anywhere? I wholeheartedly support your mission, but take action, call the people involved. Organize a large amount of people to call Sports and Culture Minister Miri Regev, who is in charge of the event, call the frum MKs (Gafne, Maklev…), do something!
By the way, I see that chillul shabbos in a year from now is getting you so worked up, why don’t you start a petition against the mass chillul shabbos that will take place this shabbos with a huge soccer game with argentina?May 28, 2018 12:12 am at 12:12 am #1526760
Ayeshivishguy: Repetition is good, especially repetition of Torah.
I hope to trigger a consciousness in Jews that the EV Song contest should not be in Israel and that we should not participate. I hope you are no longer confused. Hillul shabbos seems to be on your mind, so please don’t be confused, do something to stop it.
If I have so much tzures convincing Jews about the EV Song contest, what is the actual point of this Coffee room, just to waste time and to receive hopeless irrelevant comments (trolls)?
What is the POINT!!!!!?????
Also, do not think I have done nothing else about the EV Song contest, why would you assume I have done nothing else?
The sincerity of the participants in the Coffee room is in doubt, that is for sure.May 28, 2018 12:12 am at 12:12 am #1526764
Didnt Eurovision issue a statement- “eurovision 2019, dont buy your tickets just yet”. So who knows what they have up their sleeve.May 28, 2018 6:44 am at 6:44 am #1526777
Ready now, if you have done anything else, why wouldn’t you have told us? And how does repetition help in writing?May 28, 2018 8:47 am at 8:47 am #1526798
RY, Repetition of good draws out more good.
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM
Further some countries want to protest by not attending. So us having the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM is going to bring on more anti Semitism simply by us flouting Torah and not refraining from putting in an entry into the abysmal contest in the first place.
Yes, it’s all because making a golden calf is not a good ploy.
RY: I DID tell you!!!!! But I didn.t have to, dear fellow.May 28, 2018 10:33 am at 10:33 am #1526845
Eurovision is one of the largest events in the world, watched by more people than the Superbowl. Holding it in Yerushalayim would support Israel including the Torah community in Israel and therefore it would be a good thing for Frum Jews and the Jewish people in general. Here are some reasons:
1. By Israel holding the event in Yerushalyaim it makes the political statement to Europe and the world the Yerushalayim is our capital. The younger generation will be more likely to accept this fact (something the older generation of Europe has trouble accepting). This recognition is critical to bring the rebuilding the Bies Hamikdash and Moshiach closer to reality (if Moshiach comes “riding on a donkey”). Perhaps this is why Hashem arranged Israel to win the 2018 contest with a what the New York Times called “a chicken song.”
2. By holding it in Yerushalayim, the city would get a huge infusion of cash which would be used to renew and improve city infrastructure. Frum Jews make up majority of the Holy City and would therefore benefit directly.
3. It is likely that funds will be raised to build or improve the venue which would need to hold tens of thousands. This same venue will almost certainly be used for the future siyum hashas events and other Torah gatherings.
4. The influx of tourists would support the local Yerushalayim economy, and Frum Jews, as citizens of Yerushalyim would reap the benefits.
5. It will also promote future tourism to Israel bringing more profit to the Jewish state along with higher tax revenue from businesses. With the increased money the state collects, it would be able to raise welfare and child support benefits and payments to Yeshivas. This would benefit Torah Jews.
6. Unlike other events such as parades that specifically promote lifestyles that don’t match Jewish values, the stated goal of Eurovision is simply to be a song contest. While clearly Torah Jews should not support attending it, that would also be true for Soccer games played on Shabbos. However there should be obviously be less issues with goyim attending such an event. In any case, as the event is indoors, and does not as its stated goal, directly promote anti-torah values, there should be little objection from this standpoint.
7. Chillul Shabbos – and more importantly State support of Chillul Shabbos, is a valid concern. However, this has already been brought up to the organizers and a solution is not impossible. The semi-final events are midweek and the final event is usually well after Shabbos goes out in the Israel timezone (even after Rabbanu Tam). The concern is the dress rehearsals which perhaps could be moved to Thursday night or Friday morning. The other concern is the security presence, stadium staff, and production staff, which would need to be present hours before the event begins which may be while it is still Shabbos.
These concerns are identical to the concerns of holding an event at Rashbi when Lag B’Omer falls out on Motzei Shabbos and similar solutions can be found and in fact there are discussions about working these issues out, but that is beyond the scope of this post.
For all these reasons any intelligent Frum Jew would clearly support holding Eurovision 2019 in Yerushalayim.
The original poster is clearly a troll, possibly a citizen of Cyprus that is sore that they lost to Israel and will probably never win Eurovision or even get a better shot again, and therefore this will be my only post on the topic unless I make an exception for the non-trolls in this topic. I have found this an effective method of dealing with trolls and suggest everyone else follow this advice as well. I have written everything that I wanted to say on this topic to the original troll and will not be replying to any of its inevitable imbecilic replies to this post.
-PinchasMay 28, 2018 5:02 pm at 5:02 pm #1527500
Repetition is a waste of time because anyone who wants to read it twice can just go back and read it again.May 28, 2018 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm #1527794
RY: “who wants to”.
You can too: STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMMay 28, 2018 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm #1527795
Come on boys, no fightingMay 28, 2018 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm #1527800
litvishechossid: Correct, just:
You can too: STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMMay 28, 2018 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm #1527807
Does this qualify for weirdest CR exchange yet?May 29, 2018 6:55 am at 6:55 am #1527838
@readynow- How? I ask. How can I stop the Eurovision please enlighten us all. Please!May 30, 2018 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm #1529546
litvishechossid: Just use your sechel, dear fellow!May 31, 2018 12:20 am at 12:20 am #1529579
Wait, what did you do besides this thread?May 31, 2018 12:59 am at 12:59 am #1529597
RY: Don’t wait, do something besides this thread.
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMJune 3, 2018 12:02 am at 12:02 am #1531273
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM is a huge mitzvah.June 3, 2018 2:07 am at 2:07 am #1531282
Why?June 3, 2018 2:35 am at 2:35 am #1531339
It’s obvious:STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM is a huge mitzvah.June 3, 2018 9:24 am at 9:24 am #1531391
It may be obvious, but I want to see you spell it out exactly.June 3, 2018 11:53 am at 11:53 am #1531400
RY: The test is for you, I already know why to STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM is a huge mitzvah.June 3, 2018 7:05 pm at 7:05 pm #1531624
That’s why I asked you.June 3, 2018 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm #1531694
Ready now, me: The test is for you
RY: That’s why I asked you
Come on RY, please say why to STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM is a huge mitzvah.June 4, 2018 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm #1532773
I was referring to when you said you already know.June 4, 2018 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm #1532772
Andorra is out of the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR.
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMJune 4, 2018 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm #1532783
RY: Stop referring, start displaying why we have to:
STOP EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMJune 4, 2018 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm #1532785
Ready now, I’m not so clear on your position. Are you for or against the Eurovision song contest next year in Yerushalayim?June 5, 2018 1:13 am at 1:13 am #1532787
DY: STOP THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMJune 5, 2018 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm #1533008
“THE” is added to make it more correct. (It was not wrong before the “THE” was added.)
So it is not a telegram “STOP”.
STOP THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIMJune 5, 2018 1:11 pm at 1:11 pm #1533091
DY: STOP THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM
Does that mean you’re for or against it?June 5, 2018 9:54 pm at 9:54 pm #1534215
We want to STOP THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM.June 6, 2018 12:11 am at 12:11 am #1534228
Why is it more important than shutting down movie theaters in Yerushalayim?June 6, 2018 12:11 am at 12:11 am #1534227
Why should the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM not be stopped, why?
This is a rhetorical question to which there is no legitimate response.
So you see, the EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM must be stopped.June 6, 2018 12:59 am at 12:59 am #1534266
I suppose this response is illegitimate.June 6, 2018 7:31 am at 7:31 am #1534269
RY: Yes your response is illegitimate because you are doubting that EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM must be stopped. You are implicitly doubting because you are not supporting and you are questioning the obvious.
EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM must be stopped.June 6, 2018 7:54 am at 7:54 am #1534289
At what cost?June 6, 2018 9:08 am at 9:08 am #1534292
RY: The cost is emunah, publicity and prayer.
THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM must be stopped.June 6, 2018 10:18 am at 10:18 am #1534316
I say stopping other things can be more important.June 6, 2018 8:26 pm at 8:26 pm #1535050
RY: Calculate the cost of a mitzvah against its reward.(From Pirke Avos)
Do not disparage or relegate a mitzvah to oblivion.
We are talking doing, not sitting back and pontificating.
THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM must be stopped.June 6, 2018 9:04 pm at 9:04 pm #1535056
You still haven’t told what mitzvah this is, dear fellow.June 6, 2018 9:10 pm at 9:10 pm #1535062
THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM must be stopped.June 6, 2018 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm #1535066
Why do you insist on withholding this crucial information?June 6, 2018 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm #1535076
The reason is obvious, nothing is withheld.
THE EUROVISION SONG CONTEST NEXT YEAR IN YERUSHALAYIM must be stopped.
- The topic ‘Stop Eurovision song contest next year in Yerushalayim’ is closed to new replies.