Manhattan: 34 Hurt After High Carbon Monoxide Levels Found At Tribeca Building


Authorities say at least 34 people were injured after elevated carbon monoxide readings were detected Tuesday morning in the basement of 60 Murray Street, a commercial building in the Tribeca section of Manhattan.

Only one person is believed to have a serious injury and was taken to New York Downtown Hospital.

An oil burner fire may have sparked the high carbon monoxide readings.

The FDNY responded to a defective oil burner in the basement at 8:28 a.m.

(Source: WABC)