1 MILLION FRUM JEWS IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 1 MILLION FRUM JEWS IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    cherrybim
    Participant

“I do not see why that is inconsistent with one million considering the large family size, and especially since each of those 200k kids have two parents.”

This is stupid logic. You mean a family with five children in yeshiva have 10 parents?

HIE
    Participant

according to mailway, monsey has 8000 families, ok. now dont you think that boro park has more frum yidden then monsey, dont you think flatbush has more yidden than monsey? if monsey has 8000 families then bp forsure has 12000-15000 families. now lets say bp has 14000 families, each family has usually 2 parents and lets say an average of 4 kids. that is 84000. now if youll tell me that bp is only a bit bigger then monsey you havent been in atleast one of them, cuz ive been in both of them many times, and ill tell you that bp has wayyyyy more fruma yidden then monsey. WAKE UP PEOPLE

cherrybim
    Participant

Wishful thinking and assumption does not create facts.

HIE
    Participant

cherrybim,well my rayyos are better then youres

yswo

“I do not see why that is inconsistent with one million considering the large family size, and especially since each of those 200k kids have two parents.”

This is stupid logic. You mean a family with five children in yeshiva have 10 parents?

No if there are 200k kids in Yeshiva then there are two parents equaling 600k

WolfishMusings
    Participant

HIE,

According to the National Jewish Population Survey (February 2004), it was estimated that the total population of Orthodox Jewish homes in the entire United States was 529,000.

That, mind you, is the entire country. There is simply no way that there are 1 million frum Jews in New York.

The Wolf

HIE
    Participant

notice the survey was of jewish HOMES, not jewish people, if there are 529,000 jewish homes in the U.S. then there are wayyy more then a million people in america!!

WolfishMusings
    Participant

survey was of jewish HOMES

Read it again. The population of those homes was 529k. There weren’t 529k homes.

The Wolf

cherrybim
    Participant

yswo – “if there are 200k kids in Yeshiva then there are two parents equaling 600k”

yswo, did you cut math in yeshiva? If we are talking about families with an average of five children in school, then a population of 200,000 children would amount to about 80,000 parents or a total of 280,000, not 600,000.

yswo

Cherry stop being so rude and I would bet I got a lot higher score on my math SATs than you did (close to perfect).

Most families do not have five kids in school at once!

cherrybim
    Participant

You’d lose. And we are talking average. Many communities have a lot higher than five at once and others don’t. Even if you lower the average to four instead of five, the huge amounts that you state are way beyond reality.

HIE
    Participant

you people dont think i wont argue anymore, but i am 100% sure that there are 1,000,000 frum jews in the US

nfgo3

Reading the comments on this thread, I realize that the US government wasted an awful lot of money on the last US census. For the next US census, just let the commenters at the USA Today web site give estimates off the top of their heads, and we’ll have the number for free, and it will be as reliable as the information here. What a bargain.

WolfishMusings
    Participant

you people dont think i wont argue anymore, but i am 100% sure that there are 1,000,000 frum jews in the US

You’re entitled to that belief. You’re also entitled to believe that you’re the King of the UK. But that doesn’t make it so.

Just out of curiosity, why is it *so important* for you to believe that there are a million frum Jews in the US when other posters have brought figures that show it to not be the case?

The Wolf

zahavasdad
    Participant

The 2010 Census for

Monsey is 18,412 (Zip Code 10952)

Borough park 85,987 (Zip Code 11219)

Kiryat Joel 23,414

Williamnsburgh 85,00 Zip Code 11211

And that includes everyone , not just frum jews

shlishi

the frum population are larger than just the specific zip codes. i.e. many frum boro park yidden live in 11204. kensington is a different zip code than most of flatbush. etc.

yswo

The 2010 Census for

Monsey is 18,412 (Zip Code 10952)

Borough park 85,987 (Zip Code 11219)

Kiryat Joel 23,414

Williamnsburgh 85,00 Zip Code 11211

And that includes everyone , not just frum jews

Monsey area consists of Monsey, Airmont, Suffern, Pomona, Spring Valley, New Hempstead, and Pomona and you can include New Square.

yswo

I do not care for nasty comments but for the sake of honesty I read the comment in a haste and the 600k number based on what I said is way too high. I do not care if you believe me or not but I actually am very good with #s and dont remember my exact score but got well into 700s on Math.

However, I have been to every large frum community in NY area and I think 5 children in school at one time is way above average especially since more modern families have about 3 kids total.

HIE
    Participant

11219 is just one of the zipcodes in boro park, there are atleast a couple more and kensington is another one and flatbush has a bunch of zipcodes

zahavasdad
    Participant

Zip Code 11204 has 74,880 people

Instead of debating, you can go to Census.gov and get census information by Zip code or go to Wikipedia and get census information.

Not everyone in a particular area is Jewish or frum even in Borough park. I dont think any area has more than 50-75% frum (75% would be Borough Park or Monsey)

Williamsburgh it would be about 50% (maybe even lower) lots of hippies and latinos live there

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.