10 Jewish Music All-Stars

Home Forums Music 10 Jewish Music All-Stars

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Shticky Guy
    Participant

Most of you have missed it This thread is called “Jewish music all stars” ie stars of jewish music. It doesnt say best singers of jewish music. So while I agree with ALL the singers above (just my order would be different), stars also include people that dramatically improved or changed the music scene. So how can anyone leave off names like Yisrael Lamm, Shlomo Carlebach, Yossi Green, Mona Rosenblum, Moshe Laufer, Chaim Banet, Jo Amar, Suki & Ding themselves, Dveykus, The Rabbi’s Sons etc etc etc. The list is just endless.

Prof1: “An All-Star is a singer who sells… If he sells thousands of CDs… he’s an all star”

So would you include eg Uncle Moshe

tutzech

mbd avrohom fried shlomie gertner shlomie daskal shlomo carlebach helfgot benny friedman yehuda green eli beer

I was assuming present all-stars. Shlomo Carlebach and Jo Amar are not available to perform at present.

Reb Chaim Banet seems to be retired except as a composer and he was never a singer – he led choirs but never sang with them. I do not think he covered much new ground with his last album. The Rabbi’s Sons do not sing anymore etc, etc, etc.

Lifetime All-Stars (who are here in this world)

MBD

Avraham Fried

Regesh

Banet choirs

Ben-Zion Shenker

Miami Boys Choir

Kol Salonika

The Rabbi’s Sons

Lipa

Dovid Werdyger (He is with us and still well at 90 ka”h, but I do not believe he is able to sing anymore).

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.