10 Proofs That Moshiach is Coming Now!

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 10 Proofs That Moshiach is Coming Now!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    noitallmr
    Participant

1. Bircat HaHamah – The Blessing on the Sun – Once every 28 years

Since creation, there was only two times that the year we say Birkat HaHamah fell out on the 1st Day of Passover.

The first was the year Hashem redeemed Israel form Egypt.

The second was the year of Purim, when Hashem saved the Jews from the evil Haman, who wanted to kill and destroy all Jews.

This year Birkat HaHamah falls out on the 1st Day of Passover. (which will be the 3rd time in history)

When it was told to Hacham Ovadia Yosef, that th

is year Birkat HaHamah falls out on the 1st Day of Passover, he started crying like a baby.

2. Chofetz Chaim in a Dream to His Student

Recently the Chofetz Chaim came to one of his last living students in a dream several times and said that Mashiach is born. When this was told to Rabbi Elya Svei, he said he knew about this for over ten years.

3. Rabbi Elya Svei Mashiach 2009, told to him from his Rebbe, Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman

In 2004 at a funeral of a Rebbe of Mirrer Yeshiva, Rabbi Elya Svei said that Mashiach is coming in 2009. He said its was told to him and calculated by his Rebbe, Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman, who was the top student of the Chofetz Chaim. Incidentally Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman wrote books and spoke about that the timing of Maschiach is co mparable to a pregnant lady in her 9th month, which at any moment can give birth. Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman was murdered in the Holocaust, over 70 years ago, so in his times if Mashiach was so close, how much more so in our times more than 70 years later.

4. The Collapse of the Stock Market, Wall Street, Financial Markets, Housing Markets, Mortgage Markets, Insurance Markets, Real Estate Markets

Bear Sterns, Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merill Lynch, Wachovia, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Washington Mutual, Goldman Sachs

And surely MORE to come.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average broke 8000 and dropped to a low of 7882

5. The Iran dictator (Yemah Shemo) declaring he wants to wipe Israel of the globe and definitely has Nuclear Weapons.

Since Hashem sent us a very good President George Bush, who is a true friend of Israel as well as shown that he want to eradicate terrorists, the Iranian Animal is petrified to start with Israel, but with this years election of a new President, who know what can happen.

6. Barak Obama as President

Hes young and inexperienced as well as questionable loyalty and friendship to Israel.

With all that’s going on with our economy and global ma rkets, in addition to Obama’s liberal viewpoints it seams very dangerous to have him as a commander in chief.

7. Iceland & Greenland Ice Packs

Iceland and Greenland is mostly comprised of ice. Scientist discovered that due to Global Warming, the shrinking of the Ozone Layer and the change in weather patterns, the ice packs in these two countries are starting to melt. They predict that in 5 to 10 years it will fully melt and the water (melted ice) would be added to the worlds oceans. This extra water, would increase sea level around the globe by 20 feet.

Basically all homes, buildings etc, that are built on locations that are at sea level (which is a good portion society), will be under water. Hashem promised NEVER to bring a Mabul (flood) again. If this is set in motion to take place, then Mashiach, must come before this happens.

8. Brisker Rav

The Brisker Rav said during the Holocaust, that within 70 years Mashiach will come. 2009 is the 70th year.

9. Rabbi Elya Ber Wachtfogel said this past Yom Kippur 2008, was the last Yom Kippur. Hes been telling everyone to do Teshuva before Mashiach comes.

10. Rav Chaim Kanievsky

Chazon Ish (his Grandfather) and Rav Shach (one of his Rabbi’s) came to Rav Chaim Kanievsky in a dream and both told him to tell everyone to do Teshuva in order to get ready for Mashiach, whom is coming very soon.

Its time to do TESHUVA!!!!!

The Chofetz Chaim said that people whom are not worthy won’t even realize that Mashiach is here and whats going on.

We MUST ALL to TEHSUVA and come close to Hashem.

Send this to all the Jews you know.

We need Mashiach desperately.

mazal77
    Participant

I have been seeing this make the rounds. Well my dear brothers and sisters, when are you going to Eretz Yisrael? Thank you America, You were a great while this lasted and we appreciate all you have and thank Hashem for you , but it’s time for us to go home.

sammygol

The Chazal’s cheshbon was around the year 800, rav Saadia Gaon’s – 1100, Ramban said about 1390, and so forth. Statements reportedly ascribed to the Chofetz Chaim himself placed the date within 30 years of 1930…..

There were many calculations, based on Daniel, World events, catastrophes, mystic lore, and dreams, let alone grandiose statements by individuals few years ago.

Of course Moshiach can come any minute, and we await him every day. Still, claiming that these “proofs” are IT, may make one look like a fool if it doesn’t happen this year. There is a reason that his ultimate coming is called “Sod hageula”, for it is HIDDEN from the mortals. Specualtions do not equal facts, ask any investor who put his money into a “sure” venture few months ago.

Yes, let us do Teshuva because it is overdue, whether Moshicah will come tomorrow or in 50 years. By the way, did any of the quoted Gedolim tell their talmidim not to buy homes in the USA, for example? How can someone CONVINCED that it is happening NOW take out a 30 year mortgage?

Agav, “proof” # 1 is absolutely fallacious, since if you try counting the years, they simply do not divide by 28, among other problems. Nice story, though. Rabbi Svei, who, unfortunately isn’t well, did not learn by Reb Elchonon, besides the point. Stock market collapsed a lot worse in ’29, Hitler did more than talk, Carter was also elected, and all those events by themselves failed to bring the Geula, as far as we know. Oh yes, ice melts and refreezes, as can be scientifically witnessed by RECEDING seas over the last few hundred years. That cycle reverses itself, and has been doing so for longer that any written word exists.

So, learn ad davven as if he is coming tomorrow, but let it happen in Hashem’s own good time.

Regarding #1

Birchas Hachama is actually said on Erev Pesach and not the first day. It can never be recited on the first day of Pesach, because the first day of Peasach can not fall out on a Wednesday, which is the only day that Birchas Hachama can be said. In addition, Birchas Hachama was said on on April 8, 1925 which fell out on…Erev Pesach(there goes that theory)! Should we cancel teshuva?

mariner

can anyt of these stories be substantiated?

zevi8

People have been predicting moshiachs arrival for centuries. The truth is, nobody knows. These rabbis would do well for themselves if they did not make predictions. It only makes them look foolish when they dont happen. Maybe they want it to happen so much that they make silly calculations about it and convince themselves that its true. Some people become so absorbed in these calculations and moshiachs arrival date, they dont live like they should. We should not focus on these things. Live a good life, helping people and doing the right thing. It is very possible that moshiach will come in 2009 but its also very possible that he will not.

WolfishMusings
    Participant

Not to mention the fact that Birchas HaChamah was NOT said in the year of Yetzias Mitzrayim or the year of Purim. Do the math.

The Wolf

mariner

WolfishMusings: not that i do not doubt these WONDERful stories(i WONDER if the are true!), but technically there is no way to backtrack dates, years times, etc. we are missing a whole bunch of years somewhere, and we also, today have a fixed calendar, which they did not back then. the years in the torah do not always mean the actual years since creation, some are the years of kingdoms, etc, as the gemora states. but you are probably right, most of these stories are flawed in their first assumptions, that even teh story itself is inaccurate.

lgbg

noitallchild

THE CHAZON ISH DIDN’T HAVE ANY KIDS!SO HOW COULD RAV CHAIM BE HIS GRANDSON!!!

noitallmr
    Participant

“very possible that he will not”

Don’t even think that way…

Feif Un
    Participant

mariner, we know exactly what year certain events occurred in! We’re currently in 5769, right? If you look in the chumash, you can figure out that Avraham was born in the year 1948. Yitzchak was born 100 years later, so that’s 2048. We know that the Jews left Mitzrayim 400 years after Yitzchak was born, so that’s the year 2448. We’re not missing years there.

Now, since we’re going to make Birchas Hachama this year, in 5769 (an odd numbered year), it can’t have been done in 2448 (an even numbered year), since it must always have been in an odd numbered year.

Feif Un
    Participant

I agree that these may or may not be true, but make sure you take them with a grain of salt!

WolfishMusings
    Participant

Mariner,

The fixed calendar vs. nonfixed calendar doesn’t matter. The only difference between a fixed calendar vs. a nonfixed calendar vis a vis Birchas HaChamah is on what date it will be recited, not if it will be recited. Since it’s recited every 28 years, you can go back and do the math to discover that it wasn’t said in either of those years.

The Wolf

noitallmr
    Participant

Re: lgbg

“THE CHAZON ISH DIDN’T HAVE ANY KIDS!SO HOW COULD RAV CHAIM BE HIS GRANDSON!!!”

Well pointed out. Sorry R’ Chaim is the Chazon Ish’s nephew.

No need to call me a child just for a mistake. You never made a mistake in your life?

lgbg

noitallMR

Sorry my bad, I thought your username was noitallchild-I read wrong.

And it isn’t your fault. I recieved this in an email and found the mistake, so I was just letting everyone know.

Sorry

Matchmaker

The first one is a lie!!!

Year 2448 and the year that Purim fell out are nowhere near a year when Birchas Hachama took place! Do the math yourself!

Open an excel spread sheet.

In A1 put 5769

In A2 put =A1-28

pull A2 down to around cell A230.

You will notice that year 1 is there, has to be.

Any sign of year 2448 there? Anything close?

However, notice that in year 3389 Birchas Hachama took place and happened on Erev Pesach, which is the year Balsatzar was killed… leading to the whole Purim Story.

However, no matter when it fell out, or how many times etc., we should do Teshuva and Daven that Mashiach does come, B’karov!

May we be Zoche to build the Bais Hamikdash in our time!

sammygol

Like the fairy tales about Hitler’s chicken feet, talking fish, and the Prisoner of Azkaban…..

Imported from overseas

Reported by unknowns

Purported to have been said

Contorted beyond belief

Distorted past recognition…..

Supported solely by lack of evidence to the contrary, if at all.

noitallmr
    Participant

“Hitler’s chicken feet”???? I’ve never heard of that one please explain.

“Prisoner of Azkaban” – You shouldn’t advertise that you’ve been bored enough to read Harry Potter…

G123

I heard in the name of a Gadol, (first hand) that there are certain years that have been and will be a very big “ais ratzon” for Mashiach to come. If we are zocheh, he can come, if not tragedy can occur r”l.

The Gadol quotes as an example the years of the crusades, and (believe it or not) the year the state of Israel was founded. Yes, that was a tragedy.

I do not know if this is another year, but we can do Teshuva, nonetheless!

WolfishMusings
    Participant

G123, doing teshuva is a concept that applies all the time, not just when Moshiach might arrive.

I remember someone sent me an email saying that Moshiach was going to come become some gadol said that Moshiach will arrive in a Shmitta year with a solar eclipse, and since last August 1 there was an eclipse in a shmitta year, it was a sign.

I didn’t have the heart to reply back that there are a minimum of two solar eclipses *every* year.

The Wolf

kk … couple of problems … bircas hachama this year is on erev pesach not the first day

also, the chazon ish was r’ chaims uncle not grandfather …

i haven’t really looked for inconsistencies, but these two popped out at me right away

mariner

feifun: this year is actually not 5769, its something close to that, hence we have no clue when yovel is. the years we have are close up to a few hundred years according to some as to the actual date!

mariner

it is a fact that it is impossible to exact a year even to the dates of birth and death in the torah. we have no idea when 100 years starts or ends, as it was not 100 years to the date, or 400 years to the date. some years overlap here and there. we are approximating. again, i have no clue if the story is true, but using the years as reasons to say it isnt is not good.

eli lev
    Participant

please define “proofs”!

sammygol

Eli, there is only ONE proof – his actual arrival. Until then, anyting else will remain a speculation at best, and a wishful thinking at worst.

Mariner: I can testify that it is impossible to calculate dates correctly. My husband, Achashveirosh, made that mistake already and the rest was history. 🙂

mazal77
    Participant

noitallmr, Some say that Hitler, Ymshemo, was a demon, because he never took his boots off and no one ever saw his feet. Demons have feet that look like a chicken. He also kind of mysteriously disappeared.

sammygol

Right, not in the Austrian army, not in the hospital where he spent a long time, not in the rehab facility where he was for a year, and definitely not in the jail, the man never took off his boots!!! Does anyone with a drop of intelligence believe that? His feet must have stunk enough to make the whole German people faint, and unfortunately they didn’t. Let’s face it, a rosho is a rosho, and doesn’t have to be a demon. Homon was a HUMAN being, so was Navuchadnetzar, the Pharaoh, each and every crusader, Chmelnicki, and all those who are “omdim oleinu lechaloseinu”. Why excuse Hitler’s deeds by “demonizing” him?

By the way, has any reader here seen Stalin’s feet, or Hadrian’s, for that matter? They were all quite Satanic, but not demons.

noitallmr
    Participant

Re mazal77: Thanks but I knew that’s what it must mean. I’ll rephrase my question, who says that the fact no-one saw his feet means he’s a demon? Every Rasha also has chicken feet? I know plenty of people who have never seen my feet, does that mean that they’re calling me a Demon behind my back???

zevi8

I’m sure hitler took his boots off. Nobody here personally knew hitler so anything you saw of him is in pictures at rallies and marches. He isnt going to take his boots off then.Hitler was an evil man but he was just that, a man. He wasnt a demon or a chicken. I’m sure he had 2 regular human feet with 5 toes on each foot. All this is just superstition and jewish people are not allowed to believe in such nonsense. Alot of things that people believe to be halacha is in fact, superstition. Stepping on a fingernail will cause a woman to miscarry? Umm, yeah. We have to start looking in the torah and forget all this nonsense.

mazal77
    Participant

So no one has ever seen your feet, so nu, tell me do they look like a chickens’ feet?? I understand that and I won’t argue with you. I don’t mean to lessen what Stalin or Hadrian did or any other Rasha, I was just saying that the fact that he in particular never took off his shoes, seems rather strange. Shadim do exist and it could be possible that he was. Anything is possible. It is does make for quite an intresting story though.

mdlevine

zevi8

“Alot of things that people believe to be halacha is in fact, superstition. Stepping on a fingernail will cause a woman to miscarry? Umm, yeah. We have to start looking in the torah and forget all this nonsense.”

There is a Gemara that discusses this. the gemara in Moed Katan (18A) says that a miscarriage may occur if a pregnant woman steps on nails.

perhaps you should take your own advice and start looking in the Torah

zevi8

mdlevine,

I am not knocking the gemara but not everything it says is true. I know i am going to get attacked for saying that, but even alot of great rabbonim have admitted that there are alot of things in the gemara that have been disproven. The gemara says that the gestation period of a snake is 7 years. If you do some simple research on the internet, you will see that is not true. The gemara agrees to disagree. Just because it says it, does not make it so and i know people are going to call names but alot of these things were picked up from the superstitions of the times.

Joseph
    Participant

zevi, Does the Gemora allow using the computer on Shabbos Kodesh? Or is it wrong on that to…?

zevi8

Joseph,

now you are going to start on that again? i already explained that i never used the computer on shabbos. Apparently, you just dont get it. I am not going to explain myself again.

Chacham
    Participant

Mashiach doesn’t come by talking about it the gemara says in chelek 97b

????? ?’ ?????? ???? ?? ????? ????? ????? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ?????? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?? ??? ????? ????? ??? ?????? ??? ???”? ????? ??? ??? ???????? ???? ???? ?????? ????? ????? ??????? ????? translation [found this on the online soncino talmud] R. Eliezer said: if Israel repent, they will be redeemed; if not, they will not be redeemed. R. Joshua said to him, if they do not repent, will they not be redeemed! But the Holy One, blessed be He, will set up a king over them, whose decrees shall be as cruel as Haman’s, whereby Israel shall engage in repentance, and he will thus bring them back to the right path.2

Although this gemara as some say could be talking about obama still moshiach soes not just come teshuva still must be done.

ujm
    Participant

Yup, traveled to Hong Kong for Shabbas, said he was in Jersey when asked after Shabbas, but VPN’d into his Jersey dsl account from Hong Kong – since those HK isp’s must block yw as contrary to Chinese law, so he especially tunneled through his dsl and used the slower connection.

yashrus20

All i know about moshiach is that when he comes i better be on gods good side because most of klal yisroel will be wiped out. Just b/c hashem promised klal yisroel he would save them that does’nt include every individual. So instead of guessing when hes coming, cuz if he comes now were all in trouble! So stop guessing and prepare. Im not giving mussar just advice. Our time to do teshuva is limited. We wont be negal b/c we figured out when hes coming. The only thing we will have accomplished would be knowing when hashem will decide our fate. Now how does that knowledge help us on the day of judgement? Having in mind you can’t do aveiros just b/c you know youl do teshuva. So good luck to all and have a kasiva v’chasima tova by the big day. 🙂 (lol I know im like one of those guys in Manhattan holding those signs “Repent the end is near”.

chugibugi
    Participant

I Am writing this on sept.26 2019,11 years after all these ridiculous and childish predictions,they all look like fools now,
    This should teach us a lesson,whoever predicts and says he knows when Moshiach is coming,is either a fool and a shoite or a charlatan or both

Is this in reference to Rav Kaduri?

rational
    Participant

Chugibugi, well said.
    Rebetzin Kaniefsky also promised moshiach “very very soon”. She died eight years ago.

Grey matter
    Participant

Rational and chugibugi no! You can’t call all who predicted the timing of mashiach charlatans or fools. Our great gedolim have made predictions Rav saadia the rambam and many more. Yes it does need to be understood and yes making predictions is a very tricky and dangerous business

Sam Klein
    Participant

Chugibugi
    I agree with you, and it’s shocking how we can stoop so low in klal Yisroel and watch klal Yisroel suffering and still have not woken up together as a loving nation to do teshuva in the merit of begging Hashem for the coming of Mashiach. How many seasons of non stop horrific tragedies can it possibly take us to stoop so low-from wars to terrorism etc….-in almost 2000 years since the last bais Hamikdosh was destroyed R”L for all of us to come back together to do teshuva and beg for the coming of Mashiach to please come as soon as possible?

Here’s a live parable to bring it live for today’s day. How many texting and driving accidents need to C”V occur to wake us up and put our phones away on the side while we are driving to avoid any more accidents C”V?

May Hashem help us all wake up to LIFE AND START FACING REALITY INSTEAD OF LIVING IN DENIAL and thinking we can fool Hashem that we don’t get his non-stop tragic messages of horrific tragedies? I daven to Hashem for all my loving brethren that it happens very soon.

And I wish all my loving brethren gmar chasima tova ahead.

klugeryid
    Participant

sam klein

“Here’s a live parable to bring it live for today’s day. How many texting and driving accidents need to C”V occur to wake us up and put our phones away on the side while we are driving to avoid any more accidents C”V?”

according to you , none
    hashem decideds who will live and who will die and we need to stop thinking we have any control

(i dont really believe that, ii believe hashem demands we take normal precautions … but youve been on that soap box for quite a while here)

whenever he has potential of coming There’s a big caveat if he doesn’t he moved further away from us

golfer
    Participant

Chugibugi it was interesting reading those old posts you brought back to life. I wonder if any of those posters are still around and what they’d like to say now.

Gadolhadorah
    Participant

“whoever says he/she knows when Moshiach is coming,is either a fool and a shoite or a charlatan or both”….

Well, you paint with a broad brush. Perhaps the guys who show up once or twice a month running up and down Eastern Parkway waving yellow flags BUT there have bee some fairly chashuvah rabbonim (and a least one chashuvah rebbitzen) making these types of predictions over the past several hundred years but I wouldn’t call them “fools” or “shotehs’.

Grey matter
    Participant

Gadol hadiora well said but it’s thousands not hundreds of years

Gadolhadorah
    Participant

Grey Matter…..you are probably correct but my frame of reference doesn’t go back that far. Were there really moshichists running around during the time of the beis hamikdash??

Grey matter
    Participant

I suspect it was very widespread. But I am not sure. What I do know is that rishonim and geonim made such predictions. Furthermore I once read that writings of the “dead sea scrolls” said they believed mashiach is imminent.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.