1000 Questions before Marriage Book helped couple

Home Forums Shidduchim 1000 Questions before Marriage Book helped couple

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ChallahMom

i am bringing this up for many reasons. Here is the story. a friend of mine who had been dating this guy for a few months had hit a stand still. They didn’t know if they wanted to marry but they did know they had run out of stuff to talk about. They only could think of small talk and it was quickly pushing things backwards with them.

she found this book called “1,000 questions to Ask before getting Marriage” and it ended up helping them. apparently, it literally took them further in their relationship. he hasn’t proposed now but she thinks he is about to because of how far they came in just a couple days with this book.

i am sharing this info because after she told me then i bought the book. i am not done with it yet but i was surprised how much info there is. good job author.

eclipse

Wow. Is it a Jewish book? Who is the author?Now if my post goes up after 20 replies, let me clarify that right now I only see ChallaMom’s post:)

ChallahMom

>>> to eclipse: its a jewish book. got at it at Eichlers. i wrote the title wrong before. The title is actually “1,000 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married”. Author is Mrs. Amber Adler

anewyummycupcake
    Participant

ooh that sounds like such a good idea. how much is the book??

I can recommend a similar book, not written for a Jewish audience but nevertheless very helpful. It is called Intellectual Foreplay, and no, it is not at all racy despite the title.

ChallahMom

ok, so i see it on amazon for 14 and eichlers it was 15 and change. probably eichlers is best because no shipping charge

interjection
    Participant

I haven’t read the book but it seems to me that a couple that needs to know a thousand questions before they get married aren’t ever going to feel ready to make the leap.

This is the perfect book for people who want to go from an indefinite point where they have not made any concrete progress to a slightly different indefinite point where they have not made any concrete progress!

You don’t need to ask all 1000 questions. Not all may be relevant to you. But it’s helpful to have 1000 available so that you never run out of things to ask.

ChallahMom

to jewishfeminist02 – that’s what the book says. that the reader is suppose to ask what is relevant to them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.