11-11-11-11-11-11

Home Forums Inspiration / Mussar 11-11-11-11-11-11

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    MeinMeinung

Are you ready for 11/11/11 11:11:11. It will only be twice in your lifetime. Use it to do good for other.

midwesterner
    Participant

If you travel west today, you can get it multiple times!

BaalHabooze
    Participant

Oh,Oh I can’t wait!!! I planned it aaaaall out….I will make sure to be on the 11th floor, of the 11th building on my block, with 11 other people, wearing a shirt with eleven colors, drinking from…..I mean, come on! Knock off this nonsense! This is such mishigass! Reminds me of Y2K, only with out all the theories of what’s gonna happen. we will one day look back at this day and see……..absolutely nothing.

…but you can bet your boots I’ll be peeking at my watch! won’t you?

🙂

these are goyishe dates which should have no meaning to us. For us its 2/14/5772 today. Yes, we need to use the christian date for financial transactions etc. but to give it any significance is not right.

Fake-teen

Happy Nigel Tufnel day!

MeinMeinung

I missed it! Was on the phone then. B”H I wasn’t nichshel.

BaalHabooze
    Participant

OH MY GOSH!! 11:11:11 !! Do you SEE it!! Do you FEEL it!! Do you TASTE it?? do you…..oh,wait…ooooh, sorry….naaw, forget it,..I was…I was looking at those 6 wine bottles I just finished…hehe. sorry.

L’Chaim yidden, L’Chaim!

✡onegoal™
    Participant

Well it didn’t happen yet over here in central time.

Sam2
    Participant

Nichush is an Issur D’Oraisa. I’m just putting that out there.

i love coffe
    Participant

Sorry, but I feel like I’m missing out on something. Someone care to explain what is the meaning of todays date, 11-11-11 or the time 11:11:11?

I’m not feeling it 😉

BaalHabooze
    Participant

brace yourself, onegoal! You’ll need a blowtorch, some unperishable foods, and a corkscrew.

oh, and a hammer to bang your noggin’ for beleiving if anything cosmic will happen.

adorable
    Participant

ok gosh I missed it!!!!!!

GumBall

StupiD!! I was in skool learning boring subjects…

yossi z.

Charlie brown: it is actually 8/14/5772 as we count nissan as the first month, not tishrei (which is the seventh). Though if you really want to be correct, it is 14/8/5772 (putting the month first I believe is an american thing)

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

Gumball, I was busy checking vegitables

am yisrael chai
    Participant

poor GumBall didn’t have her favorite teacher today

am yisrael chai
    Participant

I needed to post on an online questionnaire and kept getting an error message when I entered 11/11/11.

The error message: please put in MM/DD/YY form.

I’d like a word with those programmers…

GumBall

Yea…2bad…Thats why their are no lols and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!s 2day cuz I didntn have her…We also had a sub 4 her yesterday…thanx AYC 4 shearing in my sorrow!!

coffee addict-k well thats funner than taking a DIKDUk UGH test!!

Shticky Guy
    Participant

To those of you who missed noticing this monumentous event, you have one more opportunity next year at 12-12-12 12:12:12. (Big deal, big deal…!)

it will only be twice in your lifetime

Sorry but I was not around in 1911 and wont be in 2111 (and if you’re talking about Moshiach’s time it will be many more than twice) so I’m a little perplexed by this.

supergirl613

I was reminded a number of times but I forgot to look at 11:11:11:(

AYC, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

coffee addict-k well thats funner than taking a DIKDUk UGH test!!

you obviously haven’t checked cabbage or any other type of vegetables for that matter

secondly you probably went to school a lot later than I went to work

supergirl613

Shticky guy, it’s not as good because 11-11-11 is 111111 and 12-12-12 is 121212 its not as cool.

GumBall

Nah thts true I never did but Imagine..Uvar,Usid,hoveh,tzivoy..OMG!! A KILLER!!

am yisrael chai
    Participant

GumBall, I really like dikduk and is much easier than English grammar IMHO and at least it’s spelled the way it’s pronounced!

(wish I could take it for you, but somehow I think I might stand out in your class, and not very inconspicuously either!)

GumBall

yea..And Id rather check veggies instead..Great match..LOLlets do the switch..I m glad!!

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

perfect it’s a deal (except it would be weird being the only guy around 12 year old girls)(as AYC pointed out) also I don’t think the staff where I work would take it too kindly

yitayningwut
    Participant

Shticky Guy –

True but if you live another 40 years you’ll be around for the one on the Jewish calendar. This should solve your perplexity.

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

this can help you shticky

To those of you who missed noticing this monumentous event, you have one more opportunity next year at 12-12-12 12:12:12. (Big deal, big deal…!)

it will only be twice in your lifetime

theres an A.M. and P.M.

yitayningwut
    Participant

Aha… So according to my cheshbon there should be four times!

yossi – I stand (or actually sit) corrected! Thanks!

Shticky Guy
    Participant

supergirl613: what can I say?

coffee addict: oh darn, I’ve missed the PM one also. What am I like?

yitayningwut: you’re right! Could you do us all a service and post a reminder here a week before…

m in Israel

I missed it, too, for the simple reason that I have no clue what the Gregorian calendar date is these days, so I didn’t think to look out for it. One of the lovely things about living in Eretz Yisroel is the ability to use only one set of dates — ours! The first time I wrote a check here and dated it the 4th of Av was really exciting. I also no longer need to remember each year the “Jewish date” for my kids birthday’s, as I can simply glance at their Teudat Zehut or passport!

yitayningwut
    Participant

Shticky Guy –

Lol, I’ll try to remember. 12:34 5-6-78 should be here sooner.

Shticky Guy
    Participant

m in Israel: I have no clue what the Gregorian calendar date is these days

So let me ask you, how do you know when to begin saying ???? ?? ???? ????? ?

m in Israel

Um, shticky guy — check out your halacha facts! In Eretz Yisroel we began saying vsain tal umatar libracha at Maariv on the 7th of Cheshvan. (The Dec. 4 date only applies in Chutz L’aretz.)

Shticky Guy
    Participant

Wow that is really interesting. Does anyone know the reasons why chutz la’aretz begin on a secular date (which varies according to the following secular leap year between Dec 4-5) whereas eretz yisrael start on a hebrew date?

Sam2
    Participant

SG: It’s not an issue of the secular date. V’Sein Tal Umatar in CHU”L goes by a solar date. We just happen to live in a world where the secular calendar is solar.

Shticky Guy
    Participant

Sam I know it goes by secular dates because its the rainy or winter season. That was my question – why do EY go by hebrew date?

YW Moderator-42

As Sam2 said, it’s not really a secular date, it is solar, the date we start IIRC is 365.25 days after the last year which is why the year before a secular leap year it is Dec 5, otherwise it is Dec 4th. After the year 2100 it will be Dec 5 and 6 because the secular calendar skips that leap year.

passfan

Sam2 and Moderator-42: Your response it correct, yet doesn’t address Shticky Guy’s question. He asked why is it treated differently, and begins on different dates, between EY and CHU”L.

Shticky Guy
    Participant

Nobody has answered my question 🙁 even after passfan’s prompt (thank you).

Someone in shul told me that its along the lines that Eretz yisrael should start when we begin geshem but we give time for the oleh regalim to get home across the country. Whereas chutz laaretz give much longer to get home so they begin at the traditionally rainy reason. Can anyone improve or comment on this?

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.