2 Decades

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This month is poignant as we commemorate the 20th anniversary of 3 Gedolim who were all Niftarim within a 2 week span.

Tonite is 20th Johrzeit of HoRav Chaim Yaakov Goldvicht ZTKLLH’H who, founding Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshivat Kerem b’Yavneh & the Hesder movement, who passed away on 7th Adar Rischon, 20 years ago at the young age of 69.

1 week from today, is the 20th Johrzeit of HoRav Shimon Schwab ZTKLLH’H, Rav of KAJ, who passed away on Purim Kotton 20 years ago, age 86.

6 days thereafter, is 20th Johrzeit of HoRav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach ZTKLLH’H who passed on 20th Adar Rischon, at age of 84.

All 3 of them were paradigms, and each one is exceedingly sorely being missed, every single day. B’H I was Zoche to have been in contact and have regularly seen all 3 of them many times, at various stages of my life.

I am surprised not to have heard of any major commemorations of these 3 Gedolim in conjunction with their 20th Johrzeits.

Joseph
    Participant

How is a 20th Johrzeit more notable than a 19th Johrzeit?

Participant

Because commencing with the 20th Johrzeit, the Arachin value of the 1st people who were named after them is about to shoot up threefold from 20 Shekolim to 60 Shekolim.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.