2 shabboism initiative this week from Rimanov Rebbe

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 2 shabboism initiative this week from Rimanov Rebbe

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    max dear
    Participant

In light of the recent unrest and tension in Israel and the uptick in anti-semitism in the world at large, a campaign of Two Shabbatot has been launched. Our sages teach in the Talmud, that the month of Nissan is an auspicious time for Bnei Yisrael to be redeemed just like the Jews in Egypt were redeemed in the month of Nissan. It is a time destined for redemption and salvation. This though depends greatly upon the unity of Bnei Yisrael.

The Rimanover Rebbe Shlita is spearheading a campaign in which all Jews around the world will unite to observe and honor two shabboism, this Shabbos Hagadol, April 1st, and the shabbos of Passover, April 8. The Talmud states that if every member of the Jewish Nation would observe two Shabbosim, they will immediately be redeemed, what can I do to make this a success? can it ever happen that all yiden will observe Shabbos

The goal of the campaign is to encourage Jews who are still not observing the Shabbos to participate in the “Two Shabbatot” campaign, to encourage and strengthen them, teach them, and if possible, invite them to experience the beauty of Shabbos in an observant home. Through unity and Shabbos observance, which Hashem says, is the sign between Me and Bnei Yisrael, may we all merit both personal salvation and complete redemption in the near future, speedily in our days.

Gadolhadorah
    Participant

Is this the Rav from Goldberger’s shul in Willy?

max dear
    Participant

no from Boro Park

n0mesorah
    Participant

funny

Someone needs to get this campaign to the wilde demonstrators

Get-r-dun
    Participant

Didn’t we try unsuccessfully to to ONE shabbos in the past?

Kuvult
    Participant

How is this reaching the non observant?
    Is a Yeshivish guy who never leaves the Bais Medrash hosting a Reform/Secular Jew a good idea?

commonsaychel
    Participant

And some homeless guy in shomer shabos said something similar.

Gadolhadorah
    Participant

Per my question above, there apparently are multiple rebbeim who claim to be the “Rimanov” Rebbe. Irrespective of the source, the concept is a core element of many kiruv efforts to bring disenfranchised yidden back to the fold. The question is really HOW it can be done most effectively. Past studies have shown that to be successful, outreach needs to be sustained over time. While a one or two time “experience” of true simchas shabbos done in the home of a frum family is a great start, there also needs to be follow-up outreach to have long-term success.

commonsaychel
    Participant

@GH I think its the guy who stands in front of his shul looking for a 6,7,8,9 and 10th to complete the minyan

Gadolhadorah
    Participant

CS: Its sometimes confusing (at least to me) when reference is made the XYZ Rebbe and then you research it and find multiple rebbeim who claim the title. With Satmar and Bobov its relatively easy…with others, a bit more cryptic.

max dear
    Participant

I asked a question on the Mamer of the Gemora quoting Rebbe Shimon Bar Yuchai אלמלי משמרין ישראל שתי שבתות מיד נגאלין
    שבת קי”ט: how is it possible such a thing could even happen? and I am getting here silly answers, they are spending thousands of dollars on this, on a lot of non-frum platforms in the USA and Israel, plus over one million emails majority of non-frum, kiruv is part of most Chassdic Rebbes since the Baal Shem Tov, it’s a beautiful initiative no matter who undertook it, but can such a thing ever happen?
    [there are over three thousand Chabad houses and Rebbe”s, so who cares how many Rimanov Rebbe’s and houses there are or will be from Rimanov]

max dear
    Participant

nowadays the difference between a large and a small minyan is only a couple of million dollars……

Reb Eliezer
    Participant

Maybe as the current Pesach of Yom Tov and Shabbos following it where sefira is counted from the first day called shabbos and shabbos is two shabossim.

Gadolhadorah
    Participant

Maxie: I’m still not sure what your point is. Are you supportive of this Rimminav kiruv effort or do you think its duplicative of what Chabad and others do on a continuing basis?

AviraDeArah
    Participant

Max, do you think the besh”t would have approved of mixed campus purim parties with alcohol and dancing, while a “rabbi” goea around schmoozing with frei kids?

commonsaychel
    Participant

and the difference between a small minyan and no minyan is the quality of the rav

max dear
    Participant

when I saw this noble campaign I went to the Seforim case and took out a Gemora Shabbos opened it to Daf 129: and wanted to know Peshat, to understand what is exactly Rebbe Shimon Bar Yuchais advice, I could not understand the Gemora I looked in more than a few commentaries and still, the Shila still needs to be answered, I came here to see if a Talmud Chahcam can Ansower it for me, instead, some off-topic are answering, what’s the matter here!!!

commonsaychel
    Participant

My suggestion is to go directly to the source, he can be found in his shul or outside looking for someone to be mistraif his minyan.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.