2 States

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 2 States

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    mdd1
    Participant

Avirah, I am not telling you my chiddushim. Adas Korach? You find Klal Yisroel castigated all over Tanach — because there was a big toeles in saying and writing down those statements. When therei is no toeles though …The chiddush that it applies down to a small city is from the Chafetz Chaim. Just read carefully what I wrote.

mdd1
    Participant

Also, why do you not look at the famous case of Eliyahu ha’Novi that I brought down? He spoke badly only about a part of the Northern Kingdom of Aseres Ha’Shevotim.

AviraDeArah
    Participant

Mdd, I’ll look into it

smerel
    Participant

>>>Modern, no one said everything was perfect before the zionists came, but it was nothing compared to Europe.

While the entire Jewish population of Eretz Yisroel was so small there were fewer people to start up with and kill. On a proportional level things were not better than in Europe at the time. They certainly couldn’t come close to how much better countries like say Germany were treating their Jewish residents at the time

Marxist
    Participant

” After the zionists came, it got worse than Europe too”

I didn’t know that the Holocaust happened in eretz yisrael. Did the “Empty Wagon” make that mistake?

AviraDeArah
    Participant

Marx, it nearly did. Rommel was a couple of days away from EY.

I’m referring to the day to day. The violence was more frequent than the norm in Europe

Marxist
    Participant

I don’t get your point of nearly did, lemasseh it didn’t.

The Holocaust showed that the Zionists were right, that it was necessary to have a state where Jews can defend itself and find refuge during times of persecution.

Participant

Marxist, the IDF wasn’t official on its own then.; they were with the British. No there were special Rabbis and those who were deep in Kabbalah who davened that it shouldn’t happen.

Marxist
    Participant

@1

I’m not saying that the Zionists were successful in fighting off the Germans, (they never made it to Palestine) rather that during the Holocaust there was no homeland for Jews where they can take in refugees fleeing Nazi occupied Europe. The British White Paper limited the amount of immigrants that were to be allowed into Palestine. Had there been a Jewish homeland, things could have been very different.

rightwriter
    Participant

@1 that what wouldn’t happen? Israel

Old yishuv had high spiritual achievements, but their economic situation was dire. They were collecting for poor in EY all over Europe, whether poor or rich. I believe part of the lack of economic prospects was hostility of local population, limiting what and where Jews could do business.

If you do want to blame Zionists, I think a case can be made that they put priority on ideological land acquisition v. economic development. At some point in 20-30s, the donors wanted to spend money on developing Tel-Aviv into a manufacturing center that would create jobs and bring more people in. Instead, money were spent on kibutzim that were not economically productive.

AviraDeArah
    Participant

Marx, during the churban we had a government; didn’t help. Saying the Holocaust wouldn’t have happened if we did XYZ different is denial of Hashem.

Also, guess who lobbied the USA not to let in Holocaust refugees, and to insist that all go to eretz yisroel? Zionists!

Guess who collaborated with Nazis to get their own saved and let the old frum yidden die! Zionists!

But yeah, the Holocaust proved them “right”

mdd1
    Participant

Marxist, who said that the Israel would have the strength to fight off Germany, especially if they (the Germans) had gotten there full force? The Nazis almost felled the Soviet Union. It is ridiculous Zionist propaganda that : “Had there been a state, it would have prevented the Holocaust.”. Who said it would have?

rightwriter
    Participant

After the fact and bottom line, is it better that we have Israel right now or worse? Aside for what Zionists plans were in the beginning we are now in a time where there is also an Orthodox influence there. So what is the verdict?

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.