20 Years Old. Is That Old??

Home Forums Shidduchim 20 Years Old. Is That Old??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    APushetaYid
    Participant

Todays day in age if your not engaged by the 20 your called “oldish”… is this normal? taking away our youth! Being one, who is over 20 I feel like people are having pity on me when I, myself don’t even feel desperate.. I feel hashem has his plans and has s/o put away for me. Why go around worried? What do you say?

All The Best!

Joseph
    Participant

The original definition of the “Shidduch Crisis” was the fact that people were getting married later (i.e. older).

I’m just pointing out how definitions change.

mepal

I think it depends on your specific sect. Cuz in our circles, for a boy you dont worry until he’s 27, and a girl until she’s 23. You can ‘convert’, if that’ll make you feel more comfortable.

Joseph
    Participant

In other circles, the boys and girls start fretting at 16.

WolfishMusings
    Participant

Only you can decide when it’s right for you to get married. By all means, listen to the advice of your parents, rabbeim, etc. But in the end, only *you* can make that decision — and you have do it when it’s right for you — not when it’s right for anyone else.

The Wolf

Gezuntheit

Don’t worry what others think! You know (correctly) that 20 is by any means NOT OLD! there’s no need to feel extra pressure!

bein_hasdorim
    Participant

APushetaYid: Heh! Heh! 20 is “Ah Yungeh Boychikel.” Very Yungeh Boychikel.

Afileh Far Chasidim! Are you kidding me?

what I wouldn’t do to be 20 again!… Learning In Yershalayim, Ah!…

What a Geshmak!

mybat

I guess its a sad reality that people make you feel old when your not , but it depends a lot on your circles.

squeak
    Participant
    APushetaYid
    Participant

thanks! now I feel YOUNG!

mazca

Well I felt old from the moment I was born, What do you say to that? I have a cousin with my name younger than me and somehow the used to called me

the big one. Imagine? Then when I was forty and got sick I thought well Why not? I am old already, and now I see how silly I was, I never lie about my age and feel happy about myself now. If twenty is old then are we all there: Besides it is not the age that makes a good marriage it is the person You are getting marry to. My advise do not get marry because you feel old.

starwolf

20 is old?

I dont think so…..My malt whisky is older than 20 years.

mazca

lol

SJSinNYC

Age is so relative.

My obstetrician asked me which of her partners I had seen. I couldn’t remember the doctors name so I started describing her and included young in the description. She laughed and said “Are any of us young? We are all over 40!” I explained that I thought she was in her mid to late 30s but that early 40s for a doctor is still kind of young. I mean, you need a bachelors, medical school, residency/internship…and then some experience.

striving

haha pretty scary thread to read considering that i, too just turned twenty this week!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Jax

NO, the end of my drasha!

Joseph
    Participant

Jax – Are you over the hill too?

mepal

Yeah, he’s over 16. Unless he converts 😉

Jax

Joseph: no way as old as you! 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.