2011-2012 tuition

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rescue37
    Participant

As the registration for next year is now concluding, I was wondering what asking tuition is in other yeshivas and what people are actually paying.

Chaim Berlin is asking $9,500 and it looks like they are looking for around $6-7 in tuition plus a donation (which they claim is tax deductible)of $1k-$3k

student
    Participant

My boys school in Brooklyn is close to ten thousand a child including tuition and assorted fees

HIE
    Participant

Torah Vodaath charges $8,000. If you have a couple of kids there they give a nice discount if need be.

RABBAIM
    Participant

Tuition is 6-7 Add in building fund donation, dinner donation and that makes up the rest. This way more people can feel good about paying full and those who can afford more can get exemptions for donations. It is legit

elik
    Participant

are the rabbaonim working on this tuition crisis??

how can a family survive in these times??

parents cant afford it and schools cant afford the loss of money

HIE
    Participant

its chaim berlin don’t ask

Pac-Man

are the rabbaonim working on this tuition crisis??

Yup, they’re printing money as fast as the newest laser technology allows. (Don’t tell the Secret Service.)

popa_bar_abba
    Participant

There was a case about in the 9th circuit. Brought by a frum guy from LA.

Sklar v. C.I.R. 282 F.3d 610

and what was the conclusion?

zahavasdad
    Participant

The jewish guy lost

Somehow tution for Scientology schools was made tax deductable and he tried to fight on that basis

But he lost the IRS gave the Scientology school tutition tax deducatble status and nobody knows why. Not even the catholic schools get deductability

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘2011-2012 tuition’ is closed to new replies.