2017-2018

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 2017-2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ED IT OR
    Participant

So we are getting close to 2018, what have been the big changes of the past year?

ill start,

the coffee-room got very quite, than they ruined it with this new layout, just now i was bored, i popped on to see whats happening, nothing doing decided to post this couldn’t even work out how to add a thread. than i managed and now we have this….

oh also trump won.

Joseph
    Participant

Can Google Translate convert the OP into English?

CTLAWYER
    Participant

NO…trump (no capital T as the OP wrote) did NOT win. The election was in 2016.

Lightbrite
    Participant

Well, you both are right.

CTLAWYER is right in that he won the election in 2016.

Even so, another interpretation is that the election was a sign of Trump winning, but it wasn’t official (something could have happened in between) until his inauguration in 2017.

Lightbrite
    Participant

ED IT OR can also be right.

Winning the election in 2016 was like the engagement.

Trump’s 2017 inauguration was like his wedding.

If he won the marriage to the US, then it wasn’t officially consumated until 2017. Sealing the deal was the real victory.

iacisrmma
    Participant

LB: Sorry but your analogy is incorrect. The ticket won the election in 2016. Once that happened it could not be reversed. Engagements can be broken.

Meno
    Participant

the coffee-room got very quite, than they ruined it with this new layout, just now i was bored, i popped on to see whats happening, nothing doing decided to post this couldn’t even work out how to add a thread. than i managed and now we have this….

oh also trump won.

And we threw grammar, spelling, and punctuation out the window.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.