24 hour Jewish radio stations

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 24 hour Jewish radio stations

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    writersoul
    Participant

Hey! It’s been a bit of a while.

My car that I drive to work in every day is old enough to have predated the CD revolution, forget about the age of the iPod, and as such it has only such cutting-edge technology as a radio/tape deck. As my family currently owns about three tapes, none of which I’m that interested in listening to (I grew out of Marvelous Middos Machine more than a few years before I learned how to drive), I now drive to work listening to the voices in my head, which are getting repetitive.

Does anyone know of any good 24 hour Jewish radio stations I’d be able to tune into? My job has weird hours and I miss JM in the AM (bH I’m still asleep then…) and I really don’t know of any others. I’d prefer music-only but really anything is fine.

TIA!

SayIDidIt™
    Participant

Maybe post a listing on the YW Classifieds (or another site) for a decent car CD player and replace your hi tech tape recorder? Just an idea…

SiDi™

YW Moderator-42

How can one grow out of Marvelous Middos Machine?

Geordie613
    Participant

There is a Jewish radio station in South Africa called ChaiFM. I think it is available online 24 hours.

64bitsomething
    Participant

You can buy a radio transmitter or a tape adapter – both can connect to any mp3 players headphone jack. Staples probably has both for under $20. The tape adapter is more reliable, radio transmitter can be hard to use depending on where you live. But you can just pop the tape into your car, the wire still sticks out – plug that into your ipod/zune/sansa/etc and hit play.

Go to Staples and search MACALLY POD TAPE Cassette Tape Car Adapter

Chaimy
    Participant

this person asked for radio stations he can listen to in his car, he didn’t ask to change his car radio, he didn’t ask for mp3 or for something online. people are so helpful, but look at the question. Why doesn’t someone suggest reading a book while driving?

97.5 used to always work but now the signal is a bit shaky. if you understand Hebrew try 88.7 you get the kol beramah signal. otherwise I would recommend your closest Jewish music store which will probably have cassettes on a steep discount (1.99 or so)

But I am worried about those voices of yours, you should perhaps visit a psychiatrist

writersoul
    Participant

TBONTB: My psychiatrist told me to listen to them, as they tell me to get organized and start packing for seminary.

I think that my dad has one of the tape adapters but he’s using it in his similarly ungifted car right now- maybe I’ll ask him to buy me another one. In the meantime, I’ll check out the radio stations you guys mentioned and maybe look for a couple good Carlebach tapes or something.

Chaimy: It’s fine. Honestly, I wish I could read a book while driving…

YW42: It’s funny, I never really listened to those all that much when I was a kid. I was a big scaredy-cat and the one we had was the one where the cannibals tried to eat Shnooky, which didn’t do much good for my nightmares.

Just Smile
    Participant

Clearly you never had a chance to truly appreciate Marvelous Middos Machine if you grew out of it more than a few years before you learned how to drive unless you learnt how to drive at like 90 years old (but then still).

I would suggest, committing to at least 1 week of MMM and then come back and reassess. It’s a whole different tape from when you were a kid.

🐵 ⌨ Gamanit
    Participant

writersoul- I’ve seen these tape adapters in the 99 cent store. They’re really inexpensive.

Ferd
    Participant

My psychiatrist told me to listen to them, as they tell me to get organized and start packing for seminary.

I hate to break this to you but no one packs this early to go to seminary. you are supposed to run around like a maniac a day before you leave . that’s the rule!

It’s fine. Honestly, I wish I could read a book while driving… so why don’t you download some audiobooks and listen to them on your mp3? don’t get anything too exciting though..

would suggest, committing to at least 1 week of MMM and then come back and reassess. It’s a whole different tape from when you were a kid forget the story , just listen for the music! from the greatest jewish English song composer ever!!

lamud vov tzadik
    Participant

Here’s a list of a few,

Yidlive

Newyorkjewishradio

Jewishmusicstream

Jewishwebcasting

Shalom tv (tv)

and jewishrockradio

Enjoy!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.