5 Hour Energy Drinks

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 5 Hour Energy Drinks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    TheGoq
    Participant

Have you ever tried them? do they work? any side effects?

mewho
    Participant

they are very dangerous. stay aways from them

yitayningwut
    Participant

I just put extra coffee in my cup if I’m really tired, another teaspoon always does the trick (and doesn’t cost three bucks). At night I’ll drink Red Bull if I’m driving or something, because I find that the effect wears off quicker and I am able to fall asleep (also lots of times I’m fleishig at night). Never tried the five hour energy thingamajigs. Maybe I will.

MDG
    Participant

It’s just caffeine at really high price.

Caffeine lasts about 5 hours in the body.

OneOfMany
    Participant

Red Bull doesn’t work for me. 🙁

AinOhdMilvado
    Participant

I’ve found that if I’m getting sleepy, and need to be up, two small squares of dark chocolate has enough caffeine to do the trick.

Ender
    Participant

I have used when driving through the night. I drank it when i started getting that zoned feeling (2 a.m.), if you know what i’m talking about. While I can’t say it got me wide awake and perky, I can say that I wasn’t drowsy and I was able to drive for a few more hours. Lasted me till sunrise which always wakes me up.

While I am sure the main ingredient is caffeine, there is plenty of other stuff in there. While I can’t prove there was no placebo effect, it did work better than coffee works for me.

yitayningwut
    Participant

OneOfMany – If you really need it, you can always take a caffeine pill. They should do the trick. Just don’t get addicted to them, although from what I gather the problem with them is not addiction per se as much as that when you keep taking them you forget that your body actually needs the rest, which can be very dangerous.

OneOfMany
    Participant

Wow, I didn’t even know such a thing existed…maybe I’ll try it.

TheGoq
    Participant

thanks for all the responses, mewho what is dangerous about it?

i did try the 5 hour this past week and i think it helped but who knows.

YW Moderator-42

The Goq, are you still exercising? They (the health articles on YWN) say that proper health (exercise and eating healthy) can be a big help in giving you energy. While caffeine might be good for its immediate effect, good health (and good sleep habits) is probably better in the long run.

TheGoq
    Participant

You are right 42, no i havent been exercising of late that is a big part of the problem.

BTGuy
    Participant

Ultimately, Moderator 42 is correct.

But arent some of those 5 hour things the Vitamin B’s or something like that; all natural stuff?

By the way, to keep up on busy days that start very early and end late, I throw in a few tablespoons Chia Seeds in oatmeal, cereal, and even eggs, and I can tell the difference. They work as they were advertised. They are Spectrum Essentials brand and are OU.

I get mine at Wegmans and the bag is about $8

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.