50 Y.O. Women Grocery Shopping In 3" Heeled Pumps On A Slushy Thursday Night?

Home Forums Rants 50 Y.O. Women Grocery Shopping In 3" Heeled Pumps On A Slushy Thursday Night?

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    AZOI.IS
    Participant

I can understand the good sheitels and the nice clothing, but 50 y.o. women wearing 3″ heeled pumps on a slushy Thursday night in Pomegranate? And I saw a number of them.

Why? Why do you think they play dress up like that, as if theyre going to a Simcha.

Are they thinking they’ll get better customer service that way? Maybe I should try it. Although no matter how I dress, the customer service has been pretty good.

Why the need for the discomfort? Very few women I know are as comfortable in 3″ pumps as in lower heeled shoes or boots. They are definitely sacrificing comfort for looks.

gavra_at_work
    Participant

They also have to marry off children.

AZOI.IS
    Participant

gavra_at_work,

They also have to marry off children.

Oh. Did mothers who do grocery shopping on a slushy night in 3″ heels become a new requirement? Thanks for the information.

Although if they trip on the slush they dont look too pulled together.

gavra_at_work
    Participant

Did mothers who do grocery shopping on a slushy night in 3″ heels become a new requirement?

Together with shoveling snow in a hat and jacket, yes. Welcome to Flatbush (so I have heard).

golfer
    Participant

Gavra, sad but true.

Chaval al d’avdin…

Once upon a time, mothers who had children to marry off wet the pages of their Tehillim.

Presumably that method has been deemed ineffective?

The Frumguy
    Participant

The tznius level in Flatbush has plummeted recently, lo aleinu.

yungerman1
    Participant

AZOI.IS – Why does this bother you?

Maybe a 50 y.o. woman gets all dressed up to make herself feel good.

Maybe she is on her way back from a simcha?

Who knows??…..

More importantly, who cares??

charliehall
    Participant

My wife NEVER wears high heels. That is one of the reasons I married her!

mdd

Frumguy, it got better after plummeting a couple of years ago.

Signed, Concerned Mother

Dear Mother,

2scents
    Participant

“My wife NEVER wears high heels. That is one of the reasons I married her!”

Charlie, I am sure that there are many other reasons and this was not the primary reason..

WIY

mdd

Got better? Is that supposed to be a joke?

artchill
    Participant

Poor lady was simply trying to slip in her 3″ heels and sue.

apushatayid
    Participant

Hmmm…

You know they are 50 years old because?

You know the heels are 3 inches how?

You know they got dressed up like this for the shopping trip because?

Are you a peeping tom? a yenta? into voyeurism? All of the above?

Torah613Torah
    Participant

Do you really want Bloomberg to start cracking down on 50 year olds wearing high heels on slushy nights???

Keep your thoughts to yourself. You don’t have to do it but really. They want to, their business, it can’t hurt you.

squeak
    Participant

It keeps the shoes dry until the snow accumulates to 4 inches. Then you need to break out the 5 inch heels.

OneOfMany
    Participant

did someone say galoshes

Torah613Torah
    Participant

squeak – doesn’t help the toes

🍫Syag Lchochma
    Participant

oh squeak, you stole my joke! 🙁

squeak

lol ?

OneOfMany

Mmmmmaaaaaybe <==click

(moderator – please allow)

Torah613Torah

That’s where toenail polish comes in.

Syag Lchochma

Great minds, etc, etc.

squeak
    Participant

Nice try syag. No woman would ever make a joke about heels, so don’t try to reduce my effort.

OneOfMany
    Participant

excellllllllllllllent Icot ^_^

OneOfMany-

Thank you, but…

It seems that the link in my previous post that the moderator was kind enough to allow is no longer valid.

It originally pointed to a “Calvin and Hobbes” cartoon where Calvin walks outside in his galoshes which go “Galosh, Galosh, Galosh” – now it simply an invalid link.

So…

If a moderator can remove the link from the earlier post, I’d appreciate it.

(if anyone wants to see the cartoon, there’s enough info here to Google it)

OneOfMany
    Participant

I dunno, it’s still working by me…

yaakov doe
    Participant

For the upscale frum woman (or wanna be) shopping at

Pomegranate is a simcha so she should dress accordingly. At KRM they don’t feel the need to dress up, oly to dress with tznius and at Moisha’s the Sefardic women dress as Sefardic women do.

The level of tznius in Flatbush is constantly dropping and leads to distracted driving.

🍫Syag Lchochma
    Participant

squeak – It’s true! Not only do I NEVER wear heels but I even make fun of people who wear them.

I’m jealous, Azoi.Is. I’m jealous of the free time and lack of worries in your life. Me, I don’t have time, energy, or willingness to notice the sartorial choices of 50 year old women, let alone start a thread in the YWN CR about them.

Torah613Torah
    Participant

toenail polish? That’s horrible. I like my toes the color Hashem made them, thank you very much.

bentch
    Participant

And your fingernails polish you don’t like the color Hashem made them??

As far as the subject at hand, if it had been a 25 y.o. woman rather than a 50 y.o., would it have been any less bad?? Certainly not!

Torah613Torah
    Participant

bentch: That’s for another topic.

AZOI.IS
    Participant

yeshivaworlder

I’m jealous, Azoi.Is. I’m jealous of the free time and lack of worries in your life. Me, I don’t have time, energy, or willingness to notice the sartorial choices of 50 year old women, let alone start a thread in the YWN CR about them.

Jealous? Hmmmm. The comments take about the same amount of time to write, as the Original Post.

Toi
    Participant

“Are you a peeping tom? a yenta? into voyeurism? All of the above?”

How do these posts make it past the mods?

ari-free
    Participant

When I think of valet parking, I think of a simcha. Pomegranate offers valet parking so it must be a big simcha every time someone wants to buy a dozen eggs and a box of cereal.

apushatayid
    Participant

“How do these posts make it past the mods?”

Excellent question.

apushatayid
    Participant

I dont understand the issue here. When shopping likovod shabbos it is natural that women dress in bigdei shabbos. Anything less would be a pigam in kvod shabbos.

🐵 ⌨ Gamanit
    Participant

apushatayid- the same applies to all preparations for Shabbos, including when baking challah and bleaching the bathroom. I know some people have a hard time balancing on a wet tiled floor in heels, but that’s just one of the things you have to get used to to be a proper yidishe mamme… 🙂

Torah613Torah
    Participant

I was just in Pomegranate, it was fairly busy, and not one woman who crossed my line of sight was wearing high heels.

Although everyone looked very shtady. But that’s because only rich people can afford to shop at Pomegranate on a regular basis.

Hey, if we’re already looking at them and judging them, why not be a mensch and walk over and ask?

ah talmid
    Participant

“Ma’am, can I ask you why you are wearing high heels now?”

“I mean, you’re fifty and it’s slushy outside.”

Azoi- Just as you have noticed and made assumptions about this woman, I’m sure someone else could’ve also noticed and now will recommend their daughter for a shidduch for this woman’s son, being that she is so formal for everyday errands.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.