6 new moetzes members – einay haedah

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 6 new moetzes members – einay haedah

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    meir G
    Participant

i enjoyed last nights presentations & will tune in again motzei shabbos but im scratching my head where in the program were the 6 NEW rabbonim chashuvim of the moetzes when we are discussing such heavy issues facing the klal.

6 new rabbonim? is this an election year?!

ujm
    Participant

The newer members are Rav Hillel David, Rav Shlomo Miller, Rav Yitzchok Sorotzkin, Rav Aharon Dovid Goldberg, Rav Yosef Chaim Frankel and Rav Shimon Yehuda Svei (in no particular order.) Rav Elya Brudny also joined about a year or two ago.

midwesterner
    Participant

R Yitzchok Sorotzkin is in Aninus for his brother R Eli Meir Sorotzkin

meir G
    Participant

the convention was filmed a week ago before the petira of rav sorotzkin , so i dont think thats relevant
    overall there was /is much to gain from the various sessions you can still watch them ” mekol melamday hiskalty”

meir G
    Participant

no such thing as an election year ,after the petira of the novominsker zatzl and rav levin zatzl .. and the other members becoming bnei tishim or close to amu”sh. there was a need for more rabbonim to be nosei beol

jackk
    Participant

They all should have arichus yamim vshanim.

Yamim al yemay melech tosif

Rav Tuv
    Participant

How does a Rav get informed he has been chosen? How do they choose Moetzes Rabbanim? I understand I almost made it this time. ☺

commonsaychel
    Participant

the Novominska rebbe ztl and Rav Levin ztl are some pretty big shoes to fill

ujm
    Participant

musser: The current members invite new members.

I propose a penalty term: if a member of Moetzes passed away from Covid in a community that is not careful, then the next member can not be elected from the same community until they do teshuvah.

commonsaychel
    Participant

@always ask, I propose a penalty term, if a CR member posts an imbecilic remark, they should be banned from the board until they do teshuvah

Be careful what you wish for 😉

@common – I was thinking someone could react this way (and agree with the moderator :).
    I don’t know though how to express the sentiment in a nicer way.

There is this subtle disconnect between grim notices on YW front page and attitude of half of the CR that masks are violating are civil rights to breath. I wonder whether you connect those or not.

commonsaychel
    Participant

@always ask “I don’t know though how to express the sentiment in a nicer way.”
    Ditto

commonsaychel
    Participant

@always, if you have 10 % of the brainpower of the Noverminsker Rebbe ztl, your opinion maybe worthy of serious consideration.

@common?!
    I am not sure why I deserve such a great comparison, even as a negative. Thank you anyway.

Back to the subject – I am not sure Novominsker Rebbe would agree with that.

Let me quote, for example, what he said in 1995 re:murderer of Yitzhak Rabin: “To New York Times, Chilonim…. we are lumped together… The black plague is here again [sic AAQ]. Rather than projecting the noble character of a Torah Jew, the hotheads have succeeded in besmirching his image”. Look up Jewish Observer, Dec 1995 for his full speech.

In that case, he was concerned with how other group of religious Jews affects yeshiva community.
    You think he would take it better when yeshiva community behaves questionably?
    I don’t think so.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.