66% of Muslims in the US are Democrats

Home Forums Politics 66% of Muslims in the US are Democrats

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Joseph
    Participant

According to Pew Research Muslims are Democrats at a rate of 5 to 1 versus Republican. 66% are Democrats while only 13% are Republican. (20% are independent.)

What we see is that secular and heterodox Jews share a political affiliation with Muslims whereas Orthodox Jews are majority Republican.

Participant

And the naive dem Jews don’t see that these people are pushing them out of their party. Yes, this doesn’t have a major impact on a tiny suburb, but this is the future of the Dem party, on a large scale. When Schumer leaves, maybe they’ll wake up.

👑RebYidd23
    Participant

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. That means that you should join the opposite political party from the one you support, which means you ought to be a Democrat.

☕️coffee addict
    Participant

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. That means that you should join the opposite political party from the one you support, which means you ought to be a Democrat.

Maybe it also means one should move to Iran then they’ll be your next door neighbors

👑RebYidd23
    Participant

Iranians aren’t our enemies; when they say “Death to America”, they mean American politics, not the American people.

Joseph
    Participant

RY23, the Iranian slogan is “Death to America, Death to Israel”. Are you saying that they they only mean death to Israeli politics but not death to Israeli people?

Avi K
    Participant

CA,the enemy of my enemy is my friend. White supremacists and Moslems are enemies. Whom should we support? My personal opinion is Moslems there are forms of Islam (there are at least as many sheetot as in Orthodox Judaism) that are very close to Judaism. In fact “Sharia” has the same meaning as “Halacha”.

RY, now they are saying “death” to their own politics.

Avi K
    Participant

However, I will remain a Republican as that is the party closest to my views.

akuperma
    Participant

1. Given that anti-Muslim feelings are stronger among Republicans than Democrats, that number 2-1 for Democrats seems about right.

2. Defining a Muslim, like defining a Jew, is tricky. Most Americans would say anyone from a Muslim (or Jewish) background who is not a Christian is therefore still a Muslim (or Jew) even if they aren’t very religious.

3. Most Muslims who came to America did so in the hope of assimilating into a majority culture where they will be free of many aspects of Islam (same for most American Jews).

Gadolhadorah
    Participant

Given that the nominal head of the Republican Party recently refused to appologize for his campaign demand for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States”, a Republican Congressman from Iowa (King) will be censured by the House this week for affiliating himself with anti-Muslim racists and white Supremacists (aka nationalists) and 25 percent of the Texas Republican party leadership voted this week to oust a local Republican leader simply because the Muslim religion is “incompatible with Republican idealolgy and values”, its quite surprising that even 13 percent of the U.S. Muslim population identify as R’s .

Participant

akuperma, Muslims hate Jews.

👑RebYidd23
    Participant

Joseph, I am American.

CTLAWYER
    Participant

@Joseph
    I challenge what you wrote as the report of Pew Research.
    I would expect that Pew Research said that of those American citizens who Identify as Muslim and register to vote….66% are registered with the Democratic Party, 13% are registered with the Republican Party and 20% are unaffiliated.
    Here is CT, Independent is the name of a political party that has elected candidates, thus use of the word ‘unaffiliated is important’

There are many Muslims, Jews and Christians in the USA who are not registered for vote.

PEW Research is extrapolated from a sample. It’s reliability in this case is questionable, as your voter registration can not ask your religion. Many respondents to telephone polls lie when answering.

Avi K
    Participant

Akuperma, Jews came to America for economic opportunities and freedom from pogroms. Probably most Moslems also came for freedom from dictatorial regimes and a better economic life.

yehudayona
    Participant

1, it’s true that many Muslims hate Jews (as many Jews hate Muslims). I’ve worked with Muslim students and Muslim families. Once I detected some apprehension on their part, which quickly vanished when they realized I wasn’t a threat. Other than that, I’ve encountered only respect.

Likewise, when I’ve dealt with Muslim health care professionals, either in the U.S. or in Israel, I’ve never encountered any problems.

Participant

Avi K they didn’t come for western values of freedom.

Amil Zola
    Participant

1, I wonder what kind of contact you have with American Muslims? I live in a town with a small mosque and a Muslim community that is mostly comprised of immigrants, some are my neighbors, some were coworkers before my retirement. As a child of immigrants I often talk with my Muslim neighbors and colleagues about their family’s stories of immigration and motivation for coming to America. Each and everyone have different stories but all include the desire to share our values and participate in our democracy. Naturally my opinions are based on personal experience and are anecdotal.

akuperma
    Participant

The “hatred” between Jews and Muslims is largely a function of the “real estate” dispute in the Middle East. Note the during the pre-zionist period, roughly 700-1914, Jews in most Muslim countries tended to regard themselves as better off than Jews in Europe, and rarely were inclined to flee unless they were conquered by Christians, whereas European Jews were in a state of constant turmoil due to annoying goyim. While Jews were second class citizens in Muslim countries (similar to African Americans in the “Jim Crow” era), that was a lot better than the frequent genocide in Europe.

Most Muslims come to America with the hope of being free of the constraints of living in an Islamic country. While the current wars in the Middle East are a problem, in all fairness America is treating them better than Germans (especially in World War I) and Japanese (during World War II) were treated in America.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.