770 tefilin bags

Home Forums Rants 770 tefilin bags

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ghj613
    Participant

Is it just me or do others find it ridiculous that some people have weavings of 770 on their tefilin bag?

takahmamash
    Participant

No more so than people leaving the kedusha of E”Y to daven in Uman on Rosh Hashana.

WolfishMusings
    Participant

Is it just me or do others find it ridiculous that some people have weavings of 770 on their tefilin bag?

Why do you find that more ridiculous than any of the other things that are woven onto Tallis/Tefillin bags?

Really, do you have nothing better to do than disparage people for putting a picture of a building that they find spiritually meaningful on their Tallis and/or Tefillin bags? Are they hurting anyone? Is it against halacha?

The Wolf

rebdoniel

That’s what Lubavitchers do. It is what it is.

zalman
    Participant

It’s the least of “their” problems. It pales in comparison to kefira

ghj613
    Participant

Do people really think that the building itself has intrinsic kedushah in it so it can appear on such a holy aretefact such as a tefilin bag?

Wow, it housed a holy rebbe but does that mean the building is holy?

apushatayid
    Participant

I find it ridiculous that some find it ridiculous.

WolfishMusings
    Participant

It’s the least of “their” problems.

Why do you find this to be a problem at all?

Do people really think that the building itself has intrinsic kedushah in it so it can appear on such a holy aretefact such as a tefilin bag?

A. One could argue that the building has the same kedusha as any other shul/yeshiva.

B. What makes the building of 770 any worse than any of the other designs (flowers, plants, animals, abstract designs) that I’ve seen on tallis/tefillin bags? They don’t have any intrinsic kedusha either and yet no one has a problem with them.

The Wolf

ikno

this site is becoming very lashon hora’dig… and onaaas devarim..

yaakov doe
    Participant

Before Chabad bought the building it was a private hospital owned by for minor proceedures. Maybe that’s why they have a depictation of it on their tefilin bags. Anyway, it’s harmless.

apushatayid
    Participant

Yes. It’s just you.

heretohelp

apushatayid, you beat me to it.

Is it just me, or do some find it ridiculous that others care what someone has on their tefilin bag?

squeak
    Participant

770 tefillin bags on the wall, 770 tefillin bags,

If one of those tefillin bags should happen to fall,

Chas veshalom,

Give tzedaka and put it back on the wall.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘770 tefilin bags’ is closed to new replies.