8 hours to refresh??

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 8 hours to refresh??

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    frummy in the tummy
    Participant

Why does it seem like the coffee room only updates for me about once every 8 hours? Right now, the most recent posts showing for me are two from foxoutsidethebox from 6 and 7 hours ago (and I’ve posted a comment more recently than that, as I’m sure tens of others have as well), respectively, and this seems to happen pretty consistently. And it’s really frustrating when I post a comment and can’t see responses til half a day later. Anybody else have these issues? I know it’s not the browser or the computer…is it the website? My account? Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Keep in mind I might not see your response for several hours)

I might be going out on a limb here, but i am pretty sure the CR doesn’t have an army of mods who work 24-7 to ensure EVERYONE can post their EXTREMELY important opinions on line in real time.

The ones that do work PROBABLY need to eat, sleep and have a REAL life.

But who knows maybe they just like to keep you in suspense.

Sam2
    Participant

It’s because the mods are sleeping/busy at that time and no one is approving posts. It happens for everyone.

frummy in the tummy
    Participant

Sam2: Thank you for a normal response to an innocent question. Much appreciated. I assumed that comments were automatically posted and any filtering was done after the fact, and also assumed that the multitude of comments that appeared after several hours of not seeing any included back and forth of commenters who weren’t having my problem, but I guess that’s not true either. Hence my frustration.

My condolences to those who can’t handle others’ lack of knowledge and pursuit thereof.

Yes, comments are moderated, and most moderators live in the Occident and are asleep at the same time.

TheGoq
    Participant

Someone has to shop for the weekly mods oneg shabbos, and another one has to cook the cholent.

And I am personally off to go bottle the homebrew we made over bein hazmanim.

frummy in the tummy
    Participant

Okay, thank you.

YW Moderator-42

We don’t eat or sleep or have a life, but sometimes we read reallllly slowly 🙂

“My condolences to those who can’t handle others’ lack of knowledge and pursuit thereof.”

Thank you.

But hey, you keep life interesting for the rest of us.

Shticky Guy
    Participant

Coffee moderators need not wait longer than 6 hours before they meat again

YW Moderator-20

Coffee moderators need not wait longer than 6 hours before they meat again

Why isn’t there a like button here?

frummy in the tummy
    Participant

I don’t know….seems like shticky guy is milking this thing for all it’s worth with pretty cheesy jokes…wonder if he’s this shticky just online or also in the flesh. I’m jk everybody, don’t have a cow.

Shticky Guy
    Participant

Why isn’t there a like button here?

| *Like* |

SayIDidIt™
    Participant

Like!

SiDi™

Shopping613 🌠
    Participant

Like!

Cuz this isn’t facebook!

[$]613 (Shopping613

The founder of SUC, The Awarder of SUC, The head of operations of SUC

smartcookie

Shopping- there’s a like button on many forums I visit. I guess the idea originally comes from Facebook.

Shopping613 🌠
    Participant

Yes and this ISNT facebook! I like the idea but this is the reason why the editor hasn’t allowed one!

SayIDidIt™
    Participant

Wishing the YW Editor, Holy Mods, Co-members, Lurkers and all of Klal Yisroel (men and women, boys and girls) a wonderful, enjoyable, uplifting, Shimchadikah Shabbos!!

**Hint Hint!!**

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.