9/11 Memories

Home Forums Decaffeinated Coffee 9/11 Memories

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stam36

I recall the day like yesterday….I was in Midtown. I was looking out the window and I saw the WTC smoking….I went back to my desk for 15 minutes and came back to the office and WTC was gone….Finally at 3PM trains started to run…I was the only one there with a yarmulka and some guy is talking out loud about the Jews and the power and look what happened to all their big deals…felt like this was Germany…..Bottom line hug your kids, spend quality time with them (without cellphones), create and maintain a constant dialouge with the Borei Olam and learn Torah every day

LevAryeh

I was in sixth grade and we didn’t even get a day off from school.

TheGoq
    Participant

my school ended early that day at least

Burnt Steak
    Participant

I remember hearing at recess. I was rounding 2nd base, kickball, and I heard my teacher yell, OH MY GOSH. Then she told us what had happened.

live right

I didn’t know the Twin Towers existed until they fell.I Was as blissfully ignorant as an 8 year old could possible be.

For those who weren’t in NYC or are too young to remember anything, I highly recommend the book Even in the Darkest Moments by Zeev Breir, which contains personal accounts of 9/11 from brave Hatzolah volunteers who were there on the scene. (Did you know that the first ambulance to arrive was Hatzolah?) All proceeds from the sale of the book are donated to Hatzolah. I read it over Rosh Hashanah and it left a deep impression on me. It is a very fitting read for this time of year, both in the secular calendar and the Judaic calendar. The quality of writing is not superb, but the content of the stories is so powerful that it really didn’t matter to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.