I am looking for delicious crockpot recipes. I don’t mind to potchka a bit. Anybody have some ideas? Please CHICKEN ONLY.
The 2009 Soups and Stews issue of Cooks Illustrated has some excellent ones including a delicious, easy, not-fiddly version of coq au vin.
Why don’t you make a cholent but use chicken parts instead of flanken?
I saute onions in a pot then I put int the chicken to saute along for a bit. I add around 1 T of flour to thicken it up a bit. I throw it into the crackpot with potatoes minced garlic, spices and water. I let it cook for a while. Its heaven, no patchke at all.
how much water
The water should cover the chicken plus another inch or two of water. My crackpot worked very strong on high and very little on low so I put it on high with a lot of water so that there should stay a sauce.
Chicken With Thyme and Garlic Sauce
* 6 cloves, minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
* 3-4 lbs whole skinless chicken breasts, with bone
* 1/4 cup orange juice
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Sprinkle garlic and thyme over chicken. Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Pour orange juice and vinegar over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low 5 hours, low 2 1/2 hours.
4. Remove chicken from crock pot and put on a platter.
5. Skim off fat from cooking juices.
6. Strain juice in saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and reduce juice to 1 cup.
7. Serve in a bowl with spoon for chicken and serve.