Thats if they’re alive, if they’re gone, did you show gratitude to your parents? If yes, how? How often?
Do you want your children (whether you have children now or plan to have children in the future) to show you gratitude? If yes, how and how often?
Yes. Every day.
“Do You Show Gratitude To Your Parents? If Yes, How? How Often?”
Of course; every day. How could a Jew do otherwise or this even be a question???
Pascha and pac-man. Thank you for sharing that. I am ashamed to admit that I don’t. I admittedly take them for granted. I think it’s a crime, and I am hereby mekabel bl’n to call at least once a week to wish them a good shabbos. I am entering it into my cell phone calender to send me a weekly alert. There-it’s done! Thank you for the inspiration!
Any other suggestions? I would be grateful.
1. Thank them for something they did for you
2. Tell them about your accomplishments, even the little ones (My mother LOVES hearing about when I got a compliment or award – even if it’s not that important, it makes her feel so happy. I figure, I share with her all my problems, why not also tell her the good stuff?)
3. If it’s too hard to talk, do it by email. But do it.
4. Offer to go with them some place.
5. Tell them what you’re doing. I try to call my parents every day at 5pm just to let them know where I am and when I’ll be coming home. They really love it.
6. When you can, ask them for advice (about things you can really listen to them in.) Then after u use the advice, tell them you used it and appreciated it.
7. It really is a challenge. I struggle in other ways in Kibud Av Va’Eim. But remember, it’s one of the biggest mitzvos!
yes, bsd, call more than once a week. and if they live near you, visiting would be nice, too.
gee this seems awfully similar to a thread i started several hours before this one
BSD, never miss an opportunity to tell your parents (or your children) that you love them!
Thank you! I just printed this page and will bl”n tape it next to my desk as a constant reminder. I have the best parents a man can ask for, and I do not want to look back with regrets. They deserve nothing but nachas from me for all they have done for me. Please keep it coming- I am taking it very much to heart.
Goq-I must have missed that post, but I would love to get a synopsis here.
Everyday!! I thank My Mother 4 The supper ect ect and also lk i tell my father thanx 4 going 2 work 2day….!!!
Goq, gee this seems awfully similar to a thread I started several hours before this one
Which thread are u referring to?
Gumball, Everyday!! I thank My Mother 4 The supper ect ect and also lk i tell my father thanx 4 going 2 work 2day….!!!
Something about your tone sounds sarcastic. Are you a parent?
There are a million ways to show gratitude.
Gumball doesn’t sound sarcastic to me.
I’d bet she’s a teenage girl who appreciates food and money and will learn to appreciate more things about her parents later on in life.
im referring to my mothers day thread
i show my parents that i appreciate them by telling it to them and by thanking them for everything in my actions too- I try to pitch in and do anything for my parents that i can or that i know they will have to do if i dont.
mods why was my other post not accepted? it was so benign…
I don’t see it.
oh well thank you for checking for me!
gumball i think i’ll do that now b”H thanks!!