May 8, 2011 4:04 pm at 4:04 pm #596750
Thats if they’re alive, if they’re gone, did you show gratitude to your parents? If yes, how? How often?
Do you want your children (whether you have children now or plan to have children in the future) to show you gratitude? If yes, how and how often?May 8, 2011 5:45 pm at 5:45 pm #765362pascha bchochmaMember
Yes. Every day.May 8, 2011 5:49 pm at 5:49 pm #765363Pac-ManMember
“Do You Show Gratitude To Your Parents? If Yes, How? How Often?”
Of course; every day. How could a Jew do otherwise or this even be a question???May 8, 2011 8:53 pm at 8:53 pm #765364
Pascha and pac-man. Thank you for sharing that. I am ashamed to admit that I don’t. I admittedly take them for granted. I think it’s a crime, and I am hereby mekabel bl’n to call at least once a week to wish them a good shabbos. I am entering it into my cell phone calender to send me a weekly alert. There-it’s done! Thank you for the inspiration!May 8, 2011 9:18 pm at 9:18 pm #765365
Any other suggestions? I would be grateful.May 8, 2011 9:51 pm at 9:51 pm #765366pascha bchochmaMember
1. Thank them for something they did for you
2. Tell them about your accomplishments, even the little ones (My mother LOVES hearing about when I got a compliment or award – even if it’s not that important, it makes her feel so happy. I figure, I share with her all my problems, why not also tell her the good stuff?)
3. If it’s too hard to talk, do it by email. But do it.
4. Offer to go with them some place.
5. Tell them what you’re doing. I try to call my parents every day at 5pm just to let them know where I am and when I’ll be coming home. They really love it.
6. When you can, ask them for advice (about things you can really listen to them in.) Then after u use the advice, tell them you used it and appreciated it.
7. It really is a challenge. I struggle in other ways in Kibud Av Va’Eim. But remember, it’s one of the biggest mitzvos!May 8, 2011 9:52 pm at 9:52 pm #765367Brooklyn YentaParticipant
yes, bsd, call more than once a week. and if they live near you, visiting would be nice, too.May 8, 2011 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm #765368TheGoqParticipant
gee this seems awfully similar to a thread i started several hours before this oneMay 8, 2011 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm #765369aries2756Participant
BSD, never miss an opportunity to tell your parents (or your children) that you love them!May 8, 2011 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm #765370
Thank you! I just printed this page and will bl”n tape it next to my desk as a constant reminder. I have the best parents a man can ask for, and I do not want to look back with regrets. They deserve nothing but nachas from me for all they have done for me. Please keep it coming- I am taking it very much to heart.
Goq-I must have missed that post, but I would love to get a synopsis here.May 8, 2011 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm #765371GumBallMember
Everyday!! I thank My Mother 4 The supper ect ect and also lk i tell my father thanx 4 going 2 work 2day….!!!May 8, 2011 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm #765372
Goq, gee this seems awfully similar to a thread I started several hours before this one
Which thread are u referring to?May 9, 2011 5:32 pm at 5:32 pm #765373
Gumball, Everyday!! I thank My Mother 4 The supper ect ect and also lk i tell my father thanx 4 going 2 work 2day….!!!
Something about your tone sounds sarcastic. Are you a parent?
There are a million ways to show gratitude.May 9, 2011 5:53 pm at 5:53 pm #765374am yisrael chaiParticipant
Gumball doesn’t sound sarcastic to me.
I’d bet she’s a teenage girl who appreciates food and money and will learn to appreciate more things about her parents later on in life.May 9, 2011 7:26 pm at 7:26 pm #765376TheGoqParticipant
im referring to my mothers day threadMay 9, 2011 7:54 pm at 7:54 pm #765377adorableParticipant
i show my parents that i appreciate them by telling it to them and by thanking them for everything in my actions too- I try to pitch in and do anything for my parents that i can or that i know they will have to do if i dont.
mods why was my other post not accepted? it was so benign…
I don’t see it.May 9, 2011 7:59 pm at 7:59 pm #765378adorableParticipant
oh well thank you for checking for me!May 10, 2011 12:50 am at 12:50 am #765379brotherofursParticipant
gumball i think i’ll do that now b”H thanks!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.