March 1, 2016 3:06 am at 3:06 am #617324newbeeMember
They look pretty good, and since Ivanka keeps kosher maybe there is a shot they have a hashgacha.March 1, 2016 4:05 am at 4:05 am #1139936Mashiach AgentMember
Ask them at the Trump Casino and HotelsMarch 2, 2016 2:42 pm at 2:42 pm #1139937dovrosenbaumParticipant
When Trump wins the White House, there’s a strong possibility the White House kitchen will be kashered every time Ivanka, Jared, and the kids come over. Ivanka’s going to be the echtige first lady, not his wife.March 2, 2016 5:12 pm at 5:12 pm #1139938charliehallParticipant
Yes, what Trump is doing has a multiple hechsherim — from David Duke, Louis Farrakhan, and Jean-Marie Le Pen.March 2, 2016 5:46 pm at 5:46 pm #1139939
The same Farrakhan who endorsed Obama in 2008?March 2, 2016 5:53 pm at 5:53 pm #1139940
Let’s be frank. Trump stumbled a bit over Duke’s endorsement and quite honestly, if you’re not active in the KKK you probably don’t immediately recognize his name. Now every piece of gutter trash is going to crawl out of the woodworks to endorse Trump to see if its possible to make a mountain out of a flattened mole hill.
Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Hillary’s campaign was paying these people to endorse Trump just in case it might hurt him. Heaven knows it would be no more scandalous than her usual MO.March 2, 2016 6:03 pm at 6:03 pm #1139941
if you’re not active in the KKK you probably don’t immediately recognize his name.
I suppose I’m probably active in the KKK.
Heaven knows it would be no more scandalous than her usual MO.
I thought Trump was the one whose kids are MO.March 2, 2016 6:14 pm at 6:14 pm #1139942
MO is Latin. Not pig and not lipstick either.March 2, 2016 6:37 pm at 6:37 pm #1139943dovrosenbaumParticipant
Duke and Farrakhan actually didn’t endorse him.
And compared to Cruz or Rubio, a Trump presidency would be more palatable to Democrats. Here’s why:
1) Cruz and Rubio are dyed in the wool conservative politicians. Cruz is a true ideological conservative. Trump is not. He’s malleable, pragmatic, and a businessman open to negotiation and compromise with Democrats.
2) Trump will not touch entitlements and likely he will retain most provisions of the Affordable Care Act. Cruz and Rubio would look to cut social security and health care.
4) He has publicly defended Planned Parenthood, whereas the other Republicans have no desire to fund women’s health programs.
5) Rubio is affiliated with Project for a New American Century. He’s a neocon warmonger. On day one of a Rubio presidency, there would be another way on our hands. Trump wants to keep us out of war and instead, wants to use strategically targeted airstrikes against ISIS. His statements against the Iraq War and the Bush Presidency further confirm his more amenable policies on war and defense.
6) In an interview with Hannity in August 2015, he endorsed the idea of a wealth tax.March 2, 2016 6:39 pm at 6:39 pm #1139944
Unless you use it as English – method of operation.March 2, 2016 6:41 pm at 6:41 pm #1139945
Of course, the MO I was referring to is Greek.
(I don’t know what lipstick is referring to.)March 2, 2016 6:50 pm at 6:50 pm #1139946JosephParticipant
squeak – Charlie is awaiting your response in the Republican thread.March 2, 2016 6:59 pm at 6:59 pm #1139947nfgo3Member
Re DaasYochid’s comment beginning “Of course ….”: MO is, among other things, an abbreviation for “modus operandi,” which is Latin, not Greek, and means “method of operation”.
And, speaking of Greek, it was Greeks who put the chapter and verse numbers into the Pentateuch (“penta” is Greek for “five”). Does anyone know when, how and why the Jews accepted the Greek numbering system for a Jewish holy text (not that there is anything wrong with it)?March 2, 2016 9:26 pm at 9:26 pm #1139950
DY its actuqlly modus operandiMarch 2, 2016 9:53 pm at 9:53 pm #1139951
Yes, I know.
What is lipstick?March 2, 2016 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm #1139952zahavasdadParticipant
And, speaking of Greek, it was Greeks who put the chapter and verse numbers into the Pentateuch (“penta” is Greek for “five”). Does anyone know when, how and why the Jews accepted the Greek numbering system for a Jewish holy text (not that there is anything wrong with it)
It wasnt the Greeks, It was the christians and jews adopted this custom during the Middle Ages when jews were forced to debate christians (usually conversos) about verses in the Bible related to the man on the stick and they would quote chapter and verse with their proof. The Rabbis of the time needs to refute these “proofs” and had to respond with their own chapter and verse.March 2, 2016 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm #1139953
Yours is way better for this thread though, since the acronym would be MOO. Hopefully it stops mooing by the time you eat it or we’ll have another PETA uprising.
Lipstick on a pig was just a reference to one example of Obamas toilet politicking. Even the messiah stooped that low. It came to mind because I knew you would respond with pig latin when I said latin.March 2, 2016 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm #1139954CTLAWYERParticipant
I’m under the impression that most ashkenasim don’t eat Rump steak in the US…so who needs a hashgacha?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.