August 4, 2020 11:30 am at 11:30 am #1889371WolfishMusingsParticipant
For what are you most thankful to HKBH for?
– That I have a loving, wonderful wife who understands and supports me and whom I am privileged to be able to spend my life with.
– That I have a roof over my head, clothing on my back, relatively good health and not suffering from religious (or other) persecution.
– That I have wonderful children whom I am proud of and who have learned to not follow my horrible example and have chosen to live the best life they can.
– That we live in a world of exceeding natural beauty and that I have the ability to travel (Coronavirus restrictions notwithstanding) and am able to see a good portion of it with my own eyes, if I so wish.
– That I am able to earn my parnassah by sitting at a computer, rather than having to engage in hard, back-breaking labor.
The WolfAugust 4, 2020 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm #1889461Reb EliezerParticipant
Being relatively healthy alive in this pandemic for each breath take.August 4, 2020 5:14 pm at 5:14 pm #1889510GadolhadorahParticipant
All the reasons enumerated by the Wolf PLUS the ability to take a break from seemingly non-stop work/zoom calls to refresh my brain cells here in the CR and engage in civil discourse with some really intelligent, witty and self-effacing who I would likely never otherwise encounter.August 4, 2020 9:16 pm at 9:16 pm #1889595YesOrNoParticipant
Thank you HaShem for my healthy eyes. Soft eyelids eyelashes, eyebrows, tear ducts. They all work together to protect my eyes and keep them dust free and comfortable. My eyes have been working since the day I was born- trouble free! Thank you HaShem for vision which makes life so enjoyable!!!!August 4, 2020 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm #1889610Reb EliezerParticipant
You remind me of an essay from Helen Keller on the appreciation of the eyes called Three Days to See describing how people don’t appreciate their sight and what she would want to see, if she had her eye sight back for three days. People don’t appreciate what they have to thank Hashem only ch’v after they lose it.August 6, 2020 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm #1890049batsevenParticipant
Amazing husband and beautiful, healthy kids. Hands down.August 6, 2020 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm #1890179HIEParticipant
everything here that’s applicable to me.
ALSO, that I don’t have a smartphone, and appreciate that Hashem made me understand why I shouldn’t have it.August 14, 2020 11:05 am at 11:05 am #1892125🍫Syag LchochmaParticipant
So, so much. But at this moment, as the unemployment supplement ends, I am so thankful to Hashem for giving me 3.5 months to be home with my children with a full paycheck. It is a dream i had since i started working without ever thinking it could happen.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.