What do you mean when you refer to your or someone’s “life savings”?
Please correct me if I’m wrong… here’s my current interpretation of “life savings”:
1. Life savings means the money that you’ve accumulated in your life that you’ve been saving for whatever reason.
2. The money in your “life savings” has value that would likely take many years to replace, if possible.
3. If you invest your life savings, you care about the return on investment. It’s not necessarily money that you wouldn’t miss if chas v’shalom it disappeared.
4. It might also mean the money that someone saved from working a certain number of years and stored in a savings or checking account over time.
5. Life savings might also mean an inheritance, in some cases, that still isn’t necessarily money that one can throw around without missing in a G-d forbid less than awesome investment.
That’s my interpretation of life savings.
Just want to make sure we’re on the same page 🙂
Life savings= saving lives or saved by the bell or money accumulated over ones life time for saving purposes.