March 26, 2014 6:53 pm at 6:53 pm #612444YW Moderator-💯Moderator
A) Moderation Memos:
Aside from >Y.W. Editor’s rules<, we feel it would benefit the participants of the Yeshiva World Coffee Room to know which posts are unlikely to be approved due to technical reasons.
1. Long posts are difficult to moderate. See this thread:
Tip: Breaking up long posts into several shorter ones might help.
2. Links are generally not approved. Exceptions are: Links to articles and other features (e.g. Coffee Room topics and posts) on YWN, and links to pages of a sefer on hebrewbooks.org.
3. Posts which appear to infringe upon copyrights will not be approved. We don’t have time to research the source for all such posts.
Tip: If a copied text does come from a public source, you can send a link in a separate post marked for moderators’ reading only. This does not guarantee approval, but might help.
4. It is easier to delete a post than to edit it. If even a small part of a post is objectionable, we will often delete the entire post.
Tip: if you think part of your post might be deleted, either leave it out, or post that part separately.
B) Posting Tips:
1. To search for an older post or topic, there are several options.
a. Go to the specially designed search page at: http://j82.us/searchyw.php.
Using this option could potentially earn money for an important Torah institution.
b. Use the search box provided at the top right of the page, immediately under the words YWN Coffee Room
c. After using option (b), if you do not find what you want, you can use the option, located at the bottom of the search results page, to search using Google.
d. Type the words YWN Coffee, followed by the term you wish to search, into your favorite search engine.
e. If you are searching for a thread which has recently fallen off of the front page, you can type http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/coffeeroom/page/2 into your address bar. Any number can replace the 2 for an older page.
2. To post in bold:
3. To post in italics:
4. To make posts more readable, insert a blank line between paragraphs.
C) Important Links:
There is also a Tehillim list, along with many other handy links, on the left side of the page.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.