Pre-reqs for M.A. in Counseling

Home Forums Yeshiva / School / College / Education Issues Pre-reqs for M.A. in Counseling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • #618651

    Does anyone know if Touro or any other college would allow someone to enter their MHC (Mental Health Counseling) or MSW (Master’s of Social Work) program just to take one course? Would that someone have to go through the whole application process for the Master’s program or is there some sort of shortcut?

    Please be specific if possible.


    you’re best bet would be to call Touro and ask them. In general though, non-matriculated students can take college courses but they pay more per credit. I don’t know if this applies to specific master’s programs.


    Another question for you college gurus.

    What would need to be taken to go for social work if I already have a masters in accounting?


    Lilmod Ulelamaid

    I can’t say with 100% certainty, but I am almost positive that you don’t need any prerequisites for social work (just a B.A. but it can be in anything) I have done a certain amount of research on the subject since it is something I had considered.

    Neville ChaimBerlin

    Did anyone else come here wondering what “Magein Avraham Counseling” means?




    I’m on the faculty at Touro’s Graduate School of Social Work

    I can therefore answer for the social work program. The application process requires a BA which needs to include at least 45 credits of Liberal Arts. One can join our non-matric program but needs to apply through the regular channels. Non-matric courses cost less per credit than student credits.

    Any questions feel free to contact me

    Sorry, no email addresses that can’t be verified

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.