December 21, 2014 3:49 am at 3:49 am #614515
Here’s a few ideas on how to make YWN an even better place than it is already. I suggest to mods that they grant this thread stickiness.
1. Have a news tidbits column briefly listing the news from the past week.
2. Articles unrelated to news (=random videos, halacha and safety articles, etc.) shouldn’t take up space on the home page, but rather have their own section.
3. CR should have ‘troll’ and ‘I’m bored’ sections, plus ‘instant coffee’ and ‘brewed coffee,’ the idea being that some threads are realer than others, having been deliberately thought out and cultivated, and deserve more attention.
4. As I already said once, you should be able to post on posters’ profiles, and
5. Send them private messages which don’t end up as threads.December 21, 2014 4:49 am at 4:49 am #1049372
I forgot to mention that threads should be able to be in more than one section.December 21, 2014 5:42 am at 5:42 am #1049373cozimjewishMember
You really want people posting on your profile?December 21, 2014 3:14 pm at 3:14 pm #1049374
1. I agree that that would be nice.
2. Such sections probably wouldn’t be updated often
enough to motivate people to check it themselves.
3. Trolls would not use a section designated for them, and this whole “bored” is just that. I think threads generally get at least as much attention as they deserve.
4/5. The general inability to contact another poster about something that isn’t a thread topic without posting in a thread is annoying. However, I don’t know if bbPress even
supports private messages or profile messages, and I highly
doubt the mods want the burden of deciding whether specific
private communications are safe.
Perhaps there should be a stickied thread for non-topical messages,
and everyone would check to see if anyone had
left a message for them every once in a while.December 21, 2014 6:17 pm at 6:17 pm #1049375
7. On the main page, it should say who started the thread,
8. It should say when the thread was started.December 21, 2014 9:02 pm at 9:02 pm #1049376
7. Strongly agree.
8. Moderately agree.
Don’t bet on it happening, though.April 27, 2018 7:53 am at 7:53 am #1512560
Don’t bet on it happening, though.
It happened.April 27, 2018 4:33 pm at 4:33 pm #1512735
The bet would probably have been up before it did, though. : )
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.