January 27, 2011 5:31 am at 5:31 am #594545
Any great receipe to bake them, similar to fries? not a mash type.
Thank youJanuary 27, 2011 5:55 am at 5:55 am #733009joyousMember
Cut into chunks. Then toss with olive oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper. There’s also a good spice mixture thats tex-mex flavor. Bake at 400January 27, 2011 6:06 am at 6:06 am #733010i am hereMember
part of supper tonight ha ha.
first wash them well, slice them in circles not to thick and not so thin,bake them in a pan in the oven, with out any spices you can out some oil on bottom,make sure though not to overlap them. It comes out really sweet and yummy almost like candy.January 27, 2011 6:06 am at 6:06 am #733011MDGParticipant
They are great in cholent.
I have gotten frozen sweet potato french fries, and they are really good. For whatever reason they have an OU whereas most regular french fries (national or store brands) have a triangle-k.January 27, 2011 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm #733012spiralParticipant
My recipe is pretty much like the one that joyous posted.
1. Cut each sweet potato into slices about 1/4″ thick, then into sticks like French fries.
2. Toss the sweet potato with oil, salt, pepper and paprika (or seasoned salt).
3. Spread out on baking sheets in a single layer (I put it onto lightly sprayed parchment).
4. Bake at 450 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, turning with a spatula after about 15 minutes.
Sweet potatoes are not supposed to get brown and crispy like regular fries.January 27, 2011 1:14 pm at 1:14 pm #733013doodle jumpParticipant
Joyous: Yummy. I make that often.
MDG: I don’t remember which brand it was, but I was surprised that it was Milchige. It has an OU-D.January 27, 2011 9:40 pm at 9:40 pm #733014
Joy, Spiral – Thank you!! amazing!January 27, 2011 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm #733015BEST IMAParticipant
If you want something a bit sweet cut them into cubes sprinkle them with a little oil and some brown sugar. Delic!January 27, 2011 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm #733016simchashachaimMember
Sussie Fishbein has a receipe with alchohol/whisky and brown sugar in one of her cookbooks. They taste really good, but more like a shabbos food. Don’t worry, you will not get drunk if you eat them, the alchohol gets cooked out.January 27, 2011 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm #733017deiyezoogerMember
my family hates sweet potato. anything with it.January 28, 2011 1:31 am at 1:31 am #733018stickynoteMember
HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO FRIES….(similar to the ones posted above)its is a Simple yet tasty recipe that i make all the time.
so here goes..
– cut the sweet potatoes into french fry shapes
– put into into the oven on a cookie sheet
– lightly coat the frenchfries with salt, black pepper and olive oil
– bake at 475 and keep checking on it.
just try it, its really good!!:)January 28, 2011 4:48 pm at 4:48 pm #733019
any amzaing Avocaddo salad, with detailed quantity for ingredients?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.