December 27, 2013 4:36 am at 4:36 am #611679A shteiging tigerParticipant
There has recently been an electronic cigarette rush in the yeshiva world, and due to the fact that they were introduced recently, many people are unaware of the facts pertaining to them. In this topic I hope we will be able to address these issues as clearly as possible. Among the questions I hope get covered are:
1: How does it work?
2: What are the side effects, if any?
3: Am I really able to get an electronic cigarette without nicotine?
4: What’s the story with minors and electronic cigarettes?
Please research before answering!December 27, 2013 2:44 pm at 2:44 pm #1035288
1. It shoots an electric surge to your brain, which mimics the effect of nicotine.
3. Yes, of course. That’s the whole point.
4. It is completely legal for minors to buy, sell, possess, and use electric cigarettes. Oddly however, it is illegal for them to change the battery. I have no idea why.December 27, 2013 3:18 pm at 3:18 pm #1035289
PBA: If you aren’t going to give real advice, you should just keep quiet you big fat jerk.December 27, 2013 3:19 pm at 3:19 pm #1035290
Oops, wrong screenname. that should be by a shteiging tigerDecember 27, 2013 3:36 pm at 3:36 pm #1035291TheGoqParticipant
shteiging tiger yenting dragon?December 27, 2013 3:46 pm at 3:46 pm #1035292
1. It uses electricity to heat up the tobacco instead of fire.
2. Lung disease, Heart disease, stinking.
3. No, what would be the point?
4. It works for minors also, why would it not?December 27, 2013 3:52 pm at 3:52 pm #1035293
1. It uses ambient energy instead of holient energy. The difference is electric!
2. Radiation. But less than a cell phone, so I wouldn’t worry.
3. There is nicotine in the tobacco as always, but it doesn’t get absorbed.
4. Yes, it is much better for miners because it doesn’t use up the oxygen in the shaft.December 27, 2013 4:53 pm at 4:53 pm #1035294Torah613TorahParticipant
2. Same as nicotine
3. Sure, but you might as well breath air.
4. That’s what minarets are for.December 29, 2013 4:30 pm at 4:30 pm #1035295squeakParticipant
What most people dont know is that electronic cigs are manufactured by the NSA. There is a micro bug inside that records and transmits everything you say to their listening stations. Did you notice how the ecigs only started to take off after Snowden blew the lid on their conventional spying methods? No coincidence, they simply found a different way in. Youve been warned.December 30, 2013 9:37 pm at 9:37 pm #1035296Torah613TorahParticipant
What an informative thread.December 31, 2013 1:01 am at 1:01 am #1035297squeakParticipant
Yeah, as of 1 day ago.October 13, 2014 7:08 pm at 7:08 pm #1035298zvei dinimMember
As someone who did much research on the topic (even though I’m not a smoker)
1) They work by evaporating the solvents propylene glycol and/or glycerin. Being that these have a high boiling point, they quickly condense into an ultra-fine aerosol. These solvents also are widely used in the food industry as flavoring carriers. They are also widely used in medicinal inhalers (which work differently).
2) They’re orders of magnitude less dangerous than is smoking, based on toxicological studies and some tests for acute cardiac and pulmonary clinical effects. There are no major known side effects for those switching. Though, some may experience dry-throat.
Two cases of lipoid pneumonia were reported – due to someone putting oil into the liquid.
The most important toxicological review on the topic is titled “Peering Through the Mist..”
3) You can get EC w/o nicotine, however there’s a significant difference in cessation levels among EC with nic and w/o.
4) There’s almost no level of continuous use among youth who never smoked. Experimenting among never-smokers is rare (~0.5%).October 13, 2014 9:06 pm at 9:06 pm #1035299showjoeParticipant
zevi dinim: “) There’s almost no level of continuous use among youth who never smoked. Experimenting among never-smokers is rare (~0.5%).”
i know plenty of non smokers who use esigsOctober 14, 2014 2:06 am at 2:06 am #1035300TheGoqParticipant
My store just starting selling a whole slew of new e cig products the kind that you charge like your phone and all kinds of flavor juices, the kind that you buy and is good for 800 puffs for like 9 bucks even if i was a smoker i would wait awhile to see what the health affects turn out to be.October 14, 2014 7:46 pm at 7:46 pm #1035301zvei dinimMember
sh0wj0e “i know plenty of non smokers who use esigs”
Are they ever-smokers? Are you talking about experimentation or continious use?
My source is study titled “Use of electronic cigarettes in Great Britain”
and review titled “Electronic cigarettes: review of use, content, safety, effects …”
The Goq “even if i was a smoker i would wait awhile to see what the health affects turn out to be”
If you were a smoker (& not quitting), you should switch to something with a significantly lower toxicological profile asap. You’re taking a definite risk by waiting. There’s no chance that these things are worse than real cigs with 5,000 known chems, 40-80 known carcinogens and >200 known cardiovascular & pulmonary toxicants.October 14, 2014 9:35 pm at 9:35 pm #1035302chayav inish livisumayParticipant
popa you are totally nuts!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.