May 26, 2021 11:59 am at 11:59 am #1977598
It has recently come to the public’s attention that the AP’s reporters have been operating in Gaza under the mercy of Hamas and likely even in a building that was being used by the terrorist group. This revelation raised a valid concern that the AP may be biased towards Hamas.
In last two weeks we have witnessed a severe increase of violence against jews in Israel the Diaspora by Pro-Palestinians, many of whom may have been incited and emboldened by biased media.
Yet unfortunately a very prominent jewish news website – which will remain unnamed – continues to use the AP as a source for articles.
If you would like to join me in respectfully requesting that the esteemed editors of this unnamed website please reconsider and refrain from using and promoting the AP in order to make a stand against antisemitism, please post a hashtag (#) bellow. 👇May 26, 2021 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm #1977620
You really run an impressive zig zag. And your conclusion is utterly ridiculous. The AP would not even take notice if a frum site switched to Reuters.May 26, 2021 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm #1977627commonsaychelParticipant
@madeadliyah, will you 100% and lets start calling out the Jewish elected offiicals who gave a tepid defense of Israel or np defense at allMay 26, 2021 1:45 pm at 1:45 pm #1977641ujmParticipant
All of the AP’s competitors are as bad as they.May 26, 2021 3:39 pm at 3:39 pm #1977675
>And your conclusion is utterly ridiculous. The AP would not even take notice if a frum site switched to Reuters.<
I disagree. YWN is the biggest frum website.
Even if they don’t notice, why are we furthering the reach of a media outlet that operates under Hamas?
>lets start calling out the Jewish elected offiicals who gave a tepid defense of Israel or np defense at all<
True, but how can we demand that they unequivocally defend the jewish community if we ourselves turn a blind eye to the AP outright working with terrorists?
>All of the AP’s competitors are as bad as they.<
Do they work with Hamas?
For goodness sake, the AP is working with the terror group that has the genocide of jews in it’s constitution. Why are we hearing only crickets from the jewish community???May 26, 2021 4:22 pm at 4:22 pm #1977702
Okay, okay, I’ll respond at length. Although, I do not see any way of talking you down from the ledge, the other side of the cliff is never an option.May 26, 2021 4:23 pm at 4:23 pm #1977709
“It has recently come to the public’s attention that the AP’s reporters have been operating in Gaza under the mercy of Hamas, and likely even in a building that was being used by the terror group.”
1. It has long been known that the AP has been reporting live from Gaza.
2. Anyone with a brain knew that those reporters were at the mercy of Hamas. Same as reporters in France being at the mercy of the French. Just the reporters in Gaza are closer to needing to call on their hosts mercy.
3. Every building in Gaza is likely being used by terrorists.May 26, 2021 5:09 pm at 5:09 pm #1977743
“..that the AP may be biased…”
4. Those reporters are there to report on what life is like inside of Gaza. They are biased to what they see. It is the job of the editor to compare the reporting from both sides.
5. There is a real story of an AP reporter being fired over her past social media posts. Why did you have to make a luckshen connection?May 26, 2021 5:09 pm at 5:09 pm #1977736HealthParticipant
MA -“Do they work with Hamas?”
I’m sure they would if they gave them a story!
The problem isn’t the News Sites, but the American people.
When the American people let the Leftists take over – this is the Results.
I believe most Americans are Conservative, but they have to stand up against Liberalism!May 26, 2021 9:00 pm at 9:00 pm #1977806
“…increase of violence against the Jews in Israel…”
7. There was a larger increase the month before.
8. The catalyst for the increase was the onset of Ramadan. And the platform was the Tiktok app.
“……incited and emboldened by the biased media.”
9. Emboldened by the media? Remote possibility. Incited Really?!? It would be way out of line to publish incitement. Can you point me to where I could find any of that?
10. Who is the biased media? You advocated with luckshen that the AP “may be biased” but you do not reveal who was the obviously biased media that helped bring about violence.
11. These thugs at this point needed the media to feel free to act? Is this even trying to make sense? The world has plenty of evil in it that says no heed to what is or is not said about the pain they inflict.
12. In the real world sense! Why are you looking at the media as perpetrators? I feel strongly about shooting rockets at civilians. Yet, I’m not attacking anyone.May 26, 2021 9:01 pm at 9:01 pm #1977808
“…continues to use the AP”
13. Why should frum sites go all woke over something that almost nobody has any clout over?
14. Nobody attacking Jews heard of such a news site.
15. I assume all the major content distributors have reporters in Hamas. And Iran. And Somalia. And Mars.
16. Do you think the reverse happens? That Arab or Moslem news sites drop their provides over having reporters in Israel?May 26, 2021 9:01 pm at 9:01 pm #1977809
17. How do you think this works? Because the AP loses one site, they pull all their reporters out of Gaza. After they worked on establishing a network for over fifteen years, they just dismantle it. And forfeit a million dollar enterprise.
18. Or do you mean that their biases change over potentially losing one site? The AP would lose a hundred customers before ever admitting to any organizational bias on their part.
19. The sites that use the AP have no influence over the AP.
“….and promoting the AP……”
20. How does that happen? The major aggregators look at frum sites for moral direction?
21. In all the news sites I ever looked at, I never say one promoting the content distributor.May 26, 2021 10:25 pm at 10:25 pm #1977843Always_Ask_QuestionsParticipant
> Because the AP loses one site
well, they did lose one site due to Israeli Air Force boycott …May 26, 2021 11:58 pm at 11:58 pm #1977867
“….to make a stand against anti-Semitism…”
22. Making a statement to a frum site is standing against anti-Semitism?
23. There were many stands against anti-Semitism. This one, you think?
24. And your title was, Why are we complicit go violence against Jews? All that is going on. And you are bothered by where the site gets it’s news from. But I guess if not for the street violence, the AP is all that you wish for in a news service.May 27, 2021 7:45 am at 7:45 am #1977946
@n0mesora, well done. You managed to steer away the conversation from the AP working with Hamas (yes working, you cannot have reporters in Gaza without the cooperation of Hamas), into a petty squabble over wordings and “lukshen”.
Here for example is how the AP reported the overwhelmingly Arab rioting in Israel in which a jew was muredered and many others were lynched and one arab was lynched by jews:
As rockets from Gaza streaked overhead, Arabs and Jews fought each other on the streets below and rioters torched vehicles, a restaurant and a synagogue in one of the worst spasms of communal violence Israel has seen in years.
The mayor of the mixed town of Lod, which saw the worst of the violence Tuesday, compared it to a civil war or a Palestinian uprising. Arab experts and activists say the violence was fueled by unrest in Jerusalem that has brought Israel to the brink of another Gaza war, but is rooted in deeper grievances that go back to the founding of the state.
Violence flared again Wednesday night with a wave of apparent revenge attacks. In Bat Yam, a Tel Aviv suburb, a large crowd of ultranationalist Israelis pulled a man from a car who they thought was Arab and beat him until he lay on the ground motionless and bloodied. A hospital said he’s in serious condition without identifying him.
If the above article is not overtly antisemitic, I don’t know what is.
Oh and just a fun fact if we’re on the topic: according to Wikipedia – The AP gave the Nazi regime access to its photo archives for its antisemitic propaganda.. They evidently haven’t changed much.
So once again, well done for your support for the Antisemitic Press. Ismail Haniyeh would be proud of you.May 27, 2021 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm #1978280
Agreed. I was being ridiculous. Still, there is nothing for you to get excited about.
Everything I posted boils down to two points. You are way off on both, yet you managed to connect them in your quest to cancel the very site you use.
1. The AP has reporters on the ground in Gaza. After that it is conjecture. Except for the parts that are false.
2. Your petition could achieve nothing. Nobody would care every step of the way.May 31, 2021 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm #1979096
>Agreed. I was being ridiculous.<
You’re a rare one. Not many in the CR are willing to admit when they are wrong.
>1. The AP has reporters on the ground in Gaza. After that it is conjecture. Except for the parts that are false.<
In a 2014 article in The Atlantic a former AP reporter claimed that “Hamas fighters would burst into the AP’s Gaza bureau and threaten the staff—and the AP wouldn’t report it (This also happened.) Cameramen waiting outside Shifa Hospital in Gaza City would film the arrival of civilian casualties and then, at a signal from an official, turn off their cameras when wounded and dead fighters came in, helping Hamas maintain the illusion that only civilians were dying. (This too happened; the information comes from multiple sources with firsthand knowledge of these incidents.)”
So this isn’t just me, it’s reporters who worked for the AP.
But we still use the Associated with Hamas Press as a source of news.
And when somebody finally points it out, not only do we get crickets from CR members, but we also get people telling us that there is “nothing for you to get excited about” and it’s all “lukshen”.
And then we wonder why anti-semites think they can get away with violence against jews?May 31, 2021 9:53 pm at 9:53 pm #1979205
Dear Made Aliyah,
Did you need that article to tell us that? I thought any news service working out of Gaza is at least partially compromised. The question is and was, does the AP gladly work with Hamas? Or, are tis it basically forced to do what they can? Either way, it makes a bias that is not easy to correct. Even if you were right about everything else, the bias of the AP toward terrorists that are hosting their employees in war zone is not necessarily by choice. It could be that they report what Hamas wants, or they do not report at all.June 1, 2021 12:48 am at 12:48 am #1979249
Wow, to hear the defense of an abhorrently anti-Semitic news agency being defended on a frum news site. I keep on seeing repeatedly Jews sticking up for Jew haters. And then we wonder why we are hated so when we have these kinds of people amongst us!June 1, 2021 3:24 pm at 3:24 pm #1979494
@n0mesorah, I just don’t except the “hamas forced us!” defence. They put their reporters under the mercy of terrorists, What did they expect?
Does anyone really believe that the AP thought that Hamas would let them be honest with their reporting?June 2, 2021 11:14 am at 11:14 am #1979713
Dear Made Aliyah,
Exactly my point. The AP is in Gaza to have some reporters with first hand accounts. Those who know better, realize that the news from Gaza is slanted in favor of the terrorists. What are you even trying to change here?June 2, 2021 11:14 am at 11:14 am #1979707
Your post is more anti Semitic than what the mainstream media can get away with. Perception could matter more than facts. Though nobody here is defending the AP. The discussion is if it would mean anything to cancel the AP.June 2, 2021 1:36 pm at 1:36 pm #1979748
n0mesorah, you do not realize but you are excusing and rationalizing AP’s behavior continuously. And the fact is that when Jews rationalize and excuse, and oftentimes defend, anti-Semitic behavior, whether is reportage or violence, then we cause further hatred towards our own people. This is the reality.June 2, 2021 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm #1979872
Well, I am rationalizing it because it is rational. There can be many different rational approaches to the same subject. I am not excusing anything. Nobody needs to make excuses for a set up that goes as expected.
There is a big difference between biased reporting and propaganda. Yet, you conflated violence with reportage. Propaganda? No, reportage. Maybe rationality has to stop somewhere.
It would interest me to know of any context that your reality actually happens.June 3, 2021 10:58 am at 10:58 am #1979976
n0mesorah, there is no difference between biased reporting and propaganda. If it is not the truth, if it is biased reporting then it is propaganda. I did not conflate reportage and violence, I said that anytime anti-Semitic reportage OR violence is defended, excused or rationalized by Jews it adds fuel to the fires of anti-Semitism. However, the fact is that biased reporting, which is the spreading of lies, does bring people to violent behavior as we have seen anti-Semitism exploding all over the world goaded by “biased reporting”, i.e. propaganda, of the narrative of the poor Fakestinians and the brutal Israelis/Jews. This gives those who want to destroy us a license to do so.June 3, 2021 2:35 pm at 2:35 pm #1980041
That is all if you say so. But according to your own fabrication you are guilty of whatever you accuse me off. Tell me where I posted anything about the narrative.
In the real world of heavily biased and violent people, it is interesting to move that they are two different groups. The ones with all kinds of reasons why some other peoples are terrible and should be persecuted, are not the ones actually committing the violence.
Since you are dispensing free advice, tell how we should combat anti Semitism.June 6, 2021 8:51 am at 8:51 am #1980449
@n0mesorah, let’s get to the point. Do you support YWN not using the AP?
This is a yes or no question.June 6, 2021 10:24 am at 10:24 am #1980473
Thanks for asking!
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: I support YWN in general. That they use the AP seen like a trivial matter to me. I do not change what is important because of little things.June 8, 2021 1:24 pm at 1:24 pm #1981103
n0mesorah, lying and biased reporting leads to violence and the reporters have blood on their hands. Defending these anti-Semite reporters mean that you defend their defense of violence against Jews. Words have the power to destroy (and to build). Words are not trivial. It is Hitler’s words and his that about his rise to power. The liberal media is what is today causing the collapse of the US and it is the liberal media that is goading violence.
We don’t particularly have to combat anti-Semitism, we can just defend ourselves. But certainly Jews who support the lies and violence are pouring oil into the fire.June 15, 2021 1:46 pm at 1:46 pm #1983347
Dear Made Aliyah,
Sorry to disappoint you. But the short answer is probably no. I can’t remember if I read your question right the first time.June 28, 2021 9:00 am at 9:00 am #1986748
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.