January 15, 2019 5:52 pm at 5:52 pm #1663068
What are the worst life hacks?January 15, 2019 9:47 pm at 9:47 pm #1663194
Gambling your hard earned money and losing it all in a split second
Look at the gifts Hashem gives YOU in your life and you won’t need these bad hacks in your life to hurt yourselfJanuary 15, 2019 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm #1663202
Sam, those are not life hacks. Examples of
Sick of buttoning your coat? Go to Home Depot and buy some neodymium disc magnets. Sew them onto the coat in pairs so that your coat will close magnetically!
Bad handwriting? To make your handwriting more intelligible, spell out your numbers and write each letter out fully in a phonetic alphabet. This may be difficult, but it gives people who read your work Charlie Oscar November Tango Echo X-Ray Tango to understand what you meant to say, just like it does when you’re speaking out loud!January 16, 2019 10:28 am at 10:28 am #1663355
Duct Tape and Rags instead of a proper coat.
A newspaper over your head instead of an umbrella.
Washing Mayim Achronim with a cup of expensive scotch instead of water. (And do it on the floor under the table.)
Parking by a hydrant or double parking instead of parking legally a block away.
Using plain water instead of Anti-Freeze + water. OR using any wrong fluid in a car instead of the proper one (e.g. Motor Oil instead of Brake Fluid, Diesel Fuel instead of regular unleaded.)January 16, 2019 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm #1663414
🐵 ⌨ GamanitParticipant
there are a whole bunch of car ones that are literally the worst- don’t try any of these at home:
Use hot water to quickly de-ice a windshield
To keep your brakes from sticking oil the rotors
Add some nails to each tire for better traction on ice
Put a warm wet towel on your windshield overnight to keep it warm
Keep your headlights on overnight to keep them from freezing over
Put sandpaper on your windshield wipers to assist in ice removal
Loosen your lug nuts in advance in case you end up getting a flat tire
Block the exhaust pipe with a tennis ball to keep the car warmer (this one is extremely dangerous; for anyone not aware every year there are people who die from not shoveling snow away from the exhaust pipe prior to turning the engine on)January 17, 2019 6:41 pm at 6:41 pm #1664142
Want your boss to believe you’re sick? Hire a special effects makeup artist to make you look ill.January 17, 2019 8:04 pm at 8:04 pm #1664185
Fry in a foil pan. Use a fork instead of a whisk. Warming up pizza in the microwave.January 17, 2019 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm #1664216
Throwing bags of marshmellows at an aufruf instead of those filled with hard candies and walnuts.
Substituting phony milk shakes for good old fashioned malteds.
Eating farina and/or Rice Crispies in the morning and calling it breakfast.
A certain company putting 3 oversalted potato chips in this jumbo air- puffed bag , charging almost 2$$ and labeling it “classic” .
A museum’s display of a huge painting of a black background and very red in the middle, calling it art and charging $ 25 ” donation”.
Suckers waiting in line to marvel at said masterpiece, pivoting their heads to various angles to better catch significance and meaning.
Trying to explain something to some people whose ears have walls.January 17, 2019 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm #1664217
… Shul bulletin announcing GALA KIDDUSH, knowing in advance it’ll consist of herring with toothpicks and duet malaga wine.
…. Heimshe olam invitees all showing on time for a 7:00 sheva brochos call, spoiling all the fun.
….. Brooklynite who never shopped at at Pomegranate or Bingo and lives to tell about it.
If these aren’t hacks, they ought to be.January 22, 2019 11:15 am at 11:15 am #1666056
– Try adding soda flavoring to a SodaStream bottle prior to carbonating it – ignoring the multiple warnings on both the bottle and machine. A friend actually did this with spectacular results! The bottle exploded, sending soda to every square inch of the entire kitchen.
– A nephew of mine learned the very hard way why never to try extinguishing an Oil Fire in a frying pan using water. Boruch Hashem he was not harmed, but he did need to buy a new stove and hood, and repair the wall behind it too. In short, the water turns to steam droplets, encapsulated by burning oil. It essentially creates an instant explosive fireball. People have gotten horribly burned by this mistake. Yet it is not something intuitive or so obviously stupid (like some of our other joke hacks,) so many people do not realize the danger. Mitzvah Lefarsem!
– Put an incandescent lightbulb in the microwave to watch it glow.
– Put a metal fork in the microwave to watch it spark.
– Having to throw out the microwave with burnt holes in the walls from those two experiments, including a melted mass of metal that used to be a fork!January 22, 2019 4:25 pm at 4:25 pm #1666268
In order to qualify as a life hack, it has to be done for a purpose.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.