January 24, 2022 8:37 am at 8:37 am #2054087pekakParticipant
The coffee room used to be a place where we discussed Torah, Yiddishkeit, and politics. We tried to behave like grown ups and we more or less succeeded. Lately it’s been hijacked by childish trolls and I’m not sure how to deal with it. If it was just one thread that could be easily skipped over, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. The merciless blasting of “topics”, “hoping that the mods will let one through” is unbearable.January 24, 2022 8:43 am at 8:43 am #2054089YW Moderator-29 👨💻Moderator
I would implore you to displace him.January 24, 2022 9:34 am at 9:34 am #2054095Always_Ask_QuestionsParticipant
The kids are possibly on a break, in quarantine, or both. Better them destroy CR than roam social networks.
Moed Katan daf has two hidden talmidei chachamim who give little r eliezer b shimon “brochos” like “your house will be destroyed”, r Shimon explains that it will be full of children.January 24, 2022 9:35 am at 9:35 am #2054093
Does “displacement” equate to virtual “neutralization” as the say in EY??January 24, 2022 9:36 am at 9:36 am #2054090
Im not the one approving the posts. I appreciate the approval as it seems that someone on the mod team finds the content funny.
If you want to see more of your content, post more often.
Also if you are getting really annoyed by a stranger on the internet, i emplore you to go outside and touch some grass/snow.January 24, 2022 9:40 am at 9:40 am #2054100YW Moderator-29 👨💻Moderator
We don’t approve posts because we like them. We approve them when we have no basis on which to delete them. Once we get complaints, it changes the status of the post from random to potentially irritating.January 24, 2022 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm #2054109☕️coffee addictParticipant
I like that philosophy!January 24, 2022 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm #2054142commonsaychelParticipant
Well said PekakJanuary 24, 2022 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm #2054135
If i may make a defense for the case of more agressive engagement as follows.
1) some people take the material posted here too seriously and dont know how to have a disagreement a healthy mix of jokes/trolling is good for any forum that could get political.
2) Some people are unironically insane and pointing that out that is important. When people get riled up around a post about a view of the world to the point of tears, they need to remember these are strangers on the internet . I believe with this in mind, its possible to have healthy disagreement.
3) no one is here to actually learn anything (if you are id suggest some other forums) rather they are here for entertainment or opinion. We can view YWN CR as a fraction of the public concious, sometimes knowing not everyone thinks about things the same way is healthy.
Thats all from your local basement dweller.January 24, 2022 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm #2054149
Here’s the problem with your above comment –
1) it isn’t super coherent
2) jokes to break a tense atmosphere is not the same as someone poking a stick in your eye repeatedly and asking why you aren’t laughing.
3) people are entitled to take posts as seriously as they wish. If you don’t like it, walk away. Like in real life. It’s not your job to stop them from conversing just cuz you don’t think it’s important.
3) joking, trolling, and being obnoxious are not synonymous.
4) I don’t get the impression you know much about who is here or why so not sure why the need to speak for them (my opinion)January 24, 2022 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm #2054153
@syag-lchochma if you feel like a comment on the internet is like poking your eye then you probably need to see a therapist. I never stopped anyone from conversing on this forum.
I hear what you are saying, but I think its wrong.January 24, 2022 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm #2054155
You must not think it’s too wrong be ause you seem to have deleted it. But don’t worry, I have a copy.January 24, 2022 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm #2054157
@Syag I made an edit awaiting approval
I’m glad that my comment has elicited an action of you saving it on your device.January 24, 2022 2:07 pm at 2:07 pm #2054159
Don’t take it too personally. I didn’t save your copy, I just have the unrefreshed page open 😄😄
You seem a bit defensive about this tho. Just wondering if you need a therapist 😆January 24, 2022 2:11 pm at 2:11 pm #2054171AMputtingonHaRITZParticipant
1st rule of the internet: Don’t feed the troll.
Unlike bogey monsters which perish from sunlight, trolls need to be kept in the dark under bridges – out of sight and out of mind.January 24, 2022 3:18 pm at 3:18 pm #2054237
This recent flood of childish and generally incoherent posts is both disruptive and not especially “entertaining”. However, its up to the Mods to decide what is acceptable under the CR editorial guidelines, so the opinions of some of us “oldtimers” are not especially relevant other than our collective decision to ignore.January 24, 2022 3:19 pm at 3:19 pm #2054246January 24, 2022 3:23 pm at 3:23 pm #2054255
GH – Au contraire!!! Mod 29 said that complaints change the status to irritating. If we submit a thread of objections perhaps we can upgrade it to “please don’t approve these”!
I officially submit a seconded motion to Pekaks objection. Please keep pointless threads to a minimum.January 24, 2022 4:25 pm at 4:25 pm #2054280
“Mod 29 said that complaints change the status to irritating”
I have only the greatest respect for the Mods (especially the ehrliche yid with an esrim v’tesa surname which in gematria equates to “delete”. I trust that Mod 29 and his/her colleagues do NOT wish to become part of the cancel culture and are willing to indulge new posters up to a point. Several of us believe that point was breached a while ago and these recent vacuous posts have transcended irritating and obnoxious .January 24, 2022 4:32 pm at 4:32 pm #2054285January 25, 2022 12:14 am at 12:14 am #2054411ymribiatParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.