Forum Replies Created
Does anyone know if learning German will help to understand spoken Yiddish. If so, do you know of any good resources for learning German?
I didn’t specifically say I wasn’t interested in Yiddish, I was just curious which other languages would be suggested. Does anyone have any ideas where I would find useful resources to help me learn Yiddish?
Wow, thanks for all the information.
To answer your questions, my design is:
1) Tabletop or floor? Floor
2) What height? 4 Ft
3) What angle top? ~30 degrees
4) What angle footrest Slightly tilted (I’ll mostly used this pulled back while I’m sitting)
5) How large a top surface? Large enough to hold a regular-sized Gemara
6) How large a lip? Large enough to make sure that my regular-sized Gemara doesn’t fall off
7) Do you want a closable top compartment? No
9) Do you want to keep seforim in the shtender? No
Thank you Doctor. Do you know anything about maple-wood, poplar, or redwood (those are some of the materials I saw at homedepot.com)